Story Of The Year - Wolves

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

Mentioned elsewhere i know but i think this album deserves a thread all of it's own as these songs are, well,fuckin'... AWESOME!!!. Available to pledgers on 12-01-17 and to everyone else on the 12-08-17 i think this is going to be a killer album. I know i've already stated for me Midnite City is album of the year, but fuck me pink if these 3 songs are anything to go by i can't wait to hear the rest,album of the year...maybe,just maybe...

Wow. It's usually a nice compliment to say about a good band that they are continuing on from where they left off. If these three songs are anything to go by, this absolutely crucifies where they left off. They have always been a good to great band, but for me they had gone slightly stale. I think I compared them to the PC69 of the modern rock world. Always good and solid, but a bit workmanlike and predictable. 

'Miracle' sounds every bit like the SOTY we know and love, but that 'Bang Bang' tune is a great throwback to their 'Wake of Determination' sound/stye. As for 'I Swear, I'm Okay' - that one's going to put up a good fight for second best song of the year. I absolutely instantly love that. 

I can't believe this is already out in a couple of days. It seems like last week it was a possibility that the band might reunite... now there's already an album. Great stuff. 

Its actually been over a year I think and pledgers have been moaning their arses off ;)

There's loads more snippets on YT.

Sounds really great.

But Geoff.....gone stale?? Really. The Constant was an amazing album imo. Full of massive tunes and solos.

1 hour ago, Gotthardline said:

The black swan is their masterpiece in my opinion with Save one being one of my favourite modern rock songs ever , how that was only a bonus track i'll never know

But I have liked every album they have put out to some degree and the new songs all sound great

all the bonus tracks from Black Swan were awesome 

On 11/28/2017 at 12:21 AM, Glen said:

Its actually been over a year I think and pledgers have been moaning their arses off ;)

There's loads more snippets on YT.

Sounds really great.

But Geoff.....gone stale?? Really. The Constant was an amazing album imo. Full of massive tunes and solos.

Yeah mate... a little stale/predictable. Like I said, it was always good, but they had got into a groove where you kind of knew exactly what to expect. I love reliable bands, but I still like to be excited and surprised, in a good way. Which is what the new songs are doing for me. 

agreed.

The first 5 songs are great.

it then gets pretty mellow for the last 7 songs! not bad songs but that' way too many light songs for my liking and not what I was expecting from SOTY.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this album is great. It is a bit lighter than expected from SOTY, but I don't care as long as they're all good songs, and they really are. No real duds here at all. 'I'm sorry, I'm okay' will be in my top 5 this year for sure. Stunning tune. Those keys help make it majorly... 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...