Sign in to follow this  
Stefan

Rox Diamond - Let The Music Do The Talkin'

22788745_1525879344146093_63851686071418

From Lions Pride Music:

Lions Pride Music feels excited to announce and welcome the signing and comeback of the commercial hard rockers Rox Diamond and their upcoming new third album which is called "Let The Music Do The Talkin’" to be released on 30 July 2018 (Cat. Number LPM062)! Bringing back the old memories and with 12 full tracks the way only Rox Diamond can do! An album that won't leave anyone disappointed! More info coming up soon...!

Tracklist:

1/ Savannah Blue

2/ Let The Music Do The Talkin’

3/ You Can Never Love Somebody Too Hard

4/ Angeline

5/ Just Wanting You

6/ Yesterday Is Gone

7/ The Way I Feel

8/ Two Hearts

9/ Lonely Without You

10/ Midnight Girl

11/ Hold Our Heads Up High

12/ Never Say Goodbye

Line Up:
Paul Daniels / Lead & Background Vocals & Keyboards
Kevin Achenbach / Lead & Rhythm Guitar’s
Elliot Mayhew / Bass Guitar
Mike Hansen / Drums

Discography:
Rox Diamond - Let The Music Do The Talkin’ (2018)
Rox Diamond - Live In Japan 1992 (2005)
Rox Diamond - Powerdrive (2005)
Rox Diamond - Rox Diamond (1992)

Cool. Love their debut. Can't remember / don't know 'Powerdrive.' But I am looking forward to hear what they come up with. 

The debut was good, 'Powerdrive' even better, so looking forward to this after a break of nearly 15 years

Loved the debut,Powerdrive was hit and miss for me,but this is a welcome surprise after all of this time :)

Wow. I loved the debut too. But I'm not sure they can be still relevant to be honest.

Artwork for Let The Music Do The Talkin'.

My eyes aches watching it...

23130894_1535813453152682_69494146186242

surely they could do better than that? terrible cover.

13 minutes ago, lettard said:

surely they could do better than that? terrible cover.

yeah, hopefully they reconsider that cover artwork before this one comes out next year, that is horrible

17 hours ago, Crazysam said:

yeah, hopefully they reconsider that cover artwork before this one comes out next year, that is horrible

One of the worst ever for sure. :D

Thank God they changed the artwork for the new release.

61GtOs06JbL._SS500.jpg

Soundclips

Sounds good song wise,quality sounds a bit dull,anyone know if these are brand new tunes or rehashed demos from back in the day? oh,and yes thankfully they changed the artwork :)

The samples sound ok, similar style to the band's earlier material, but my initial thought is that the songs aren't as strong as those prior releases

17 hours ago, Crazysam said:

The samples sound ok, similar style to the band's earlier material, but my initial thought is that the songs aren't as strong as those prior releases

Ditto. Better than I expected but I'm still not sure.

New song.

Not bad but it doesn't change any of the above comments for me,not sure of the strength of the material...and it still sounds quite flat production wise...where is the umph?

I'll probably purchase at some point mainly based on the bands past...I loved the debut

New song.

I purchased this...drivel,terrible album imho...really disappointed.

On 6/16/2018 at 8:12 AM, lettard said:

I purchased this...drivel,terrible album imho...really disappointed.

I gave it a listen on Spotify and I agree with your thoughts.  No comparison to their first two releases in terms of the song quality.  

On 6/19/2018 at 11:05 PM, Crazysam said:

I gave it a listen on Spotify and I agree with your thoughts.  No comparison to their first two releases in terms of the song quality.  

Thank goodness for these later posts. The album is dreadful and beyond. Fucking horrible. What is it? A collection of demos from the 70's when they were schoolboys practicing in a garage? Or is this a legit attempt at a new album? Genuine question - what is this collection of shit? 

Nothing at all in common with the first two - just a weak, pissy sound... but despite the sound quality, the songs are so bad and horribly written. I don't understand why they are so awful. What's the reason behind this shit?