Shiraz Lane - Carnival Days

Stefan

• 10 months later...

I had the lone opinion that whilst the last album was pretty good, I thought it was a bit over-rated. But they're still releasing pretty good stuff. Which is what I think this new song is - pretty good. 

Probably a really good grower, to be honest. 

Edited by Geoff

Nah, Shiraz Lane are awesome.

Loved Carnival Days, my equal top CD from last year with Roxanne.

This new song is great as well.
And they replied to my comment on the Facebook thread when they posted this, which is always nice to know that band is hearing you.

7 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Nah, Shiraz Lane are awesome.

Loved Carnival Days, my equal top CD from last year with Roxanne.

This new song is great as well.
And they replied to my comment on the Facebook thread when they posted this, which is always nice to know that band is hearing you.

That was my album of the year!

Very good tune, reminds me of Bad City

On 8/24/2019 at 7:17 AM, The Rocker said:

Very good tune, reminds me of Bad City

Me too, which I one of the reason I like it so much.

If you look below my avatar, you'll see it's my favorite CD :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, lettard said:

Brilliant,they should just make two E.P's then put em together and make a full length  :)

btw anyone know when this is released?

I don't think I've heard a date yet.  I think I saw on their latest You Tube video for Revolution that EP name and release date is still TBD.

Personally, kinda bummed it's an EP.  I get wanting to get music out sooner but I'd rather see them just do what Degreed has done....Put out 5-6 songs over the course of a year and then come out with a full CD/album.

I'm just not a fan of EP's....always leaves me wanting more.  And it'll probably cost me about as much as a CD would if they have a physical version.  And if it's only digital....Well...That's annoying too.

2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

EP is better than nothing I guess.

:(

Yeah,perhaps they have enough ready now for the E.P and it will be used to tide us over whilst they work on other songs for the future...still as you point out an E.P is better than no release at all  :)

Edited by lettard

• 2 months later...

Anybody check out the Vibration I EP released today?  Probably could start a thread for it but I'm not sure EP's deserve their own thread :lol:

Anyhow, for me it's pretty good.   We'd already heard 3 songs so only 2 "new" songs on it.  I think Do You, Keep Me Alive and Revolution are all pretty good and are probably the "keepers" for me here.  You Will Remain is okay but not really doing a lot for me.  And the last song To The Moon and Back is a cover and I rarely get excited about covers.  I guess the good thing here is I had never heard of the original song so it basically feels like an original to me and it's decent enough. 

Overall, seems like it's a fairly "light" EP and doesn't have much edge to it like say songs like The Crown, Harder To Breathe, etc.  Still decent stuff that's melodic and catchy though.  I think mostly I just have a real hard time getting excited about EP's in general and there is nowhere near the same buzz as there is when it's a full album.  I kinda question the decision to release an EP and to switch away from Frontiers when they seemed to really increase their buzz with the last album.  Think they are planning a second EP later this year...Hopefully both are combined into a single CD down the road.