Save The World - One

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

They say freedom lies in being bold. For the accomplished professional musicians in the modern rock trio Save The World, that means taking time out of their hectic schedules to form a band that plays the music they love, and then paying forward the good vibes with soaring hooks and uplifting messages.

Save The World pens emotionally charged songs with rich, melodic choruses.

The trio share an almost telepathic artistic interplay that forgoes genre conventions in favor of a signature sound that’s modern, anthemic, and refreshingly dynamic.

Save The World’s chief songwriter Dan Tracey on guitar, vocals, keyboards; Robert Wright on bass, vocals, keyboards, Taurus pedals, percussion, producer, engineer ; and Jon Wysocki on drums. Outside STW, each player has a gilded musical résumé. Dan Tracey is highly regarded for his songwriting, singing, and guitar playing skills. He’s composed music for major television shows and films, and performed and recorded with a variety of established musicians—currently, he plays guitar and sings in the Alan Parsons Live Project. Robert Wright draws recognition onstage and in the studio as a multi-instrumentalist, a songwriter with multiple artist cuts and publishing deals, and as a producer, where he topped the Billboard Country Album charts multiple times and earned many Gold and Platinum album awards. Jon Wysocki is best known as the founding member of the chart-topping, multi-million record selling modern rock band Staind from the band’s halcyon years, 1995 until 2011.

Unlike other bands with esteemed résumés, Save The World’s origins are humble. Dan Tracey and Jon Wysocki both came up in the Springfield, Massachusetts music scene. Over the years, they admired each other’s wildly divergent paths. Tracey became an in-demand Nashville musician, and Wysocki was in one of the biggest rock bands of modern times. Robert Wright and Dan Tracey met in Nashville—where Tracey relocated over 20 years ago—and had an instant artistic rapport. Tracey was the intermediary between Wright and Wysocki.

That fateful first band meeting, at Capricorn Soundworks in Nashville, was to record STW’s debut single “Bleed.” Dan wrote the melody-driven masterstroke song in his van on the way back from a gig—it was the first rock song he had written in years. The song is undeniable. “I wasn’t interested in starting a band,” Tracey reveals. “We all have so many obligations pursuing different endeavors and touring with different artists.” But recording that track that day was epiphanic. “I was in a band years ago that had a unique sound, and I always regretted leaving it. Here was another chance to do something I believed in and felt passionate about,” he confides.

Reflecting back on the impulse to start a band, Robert Wright says: “I have a 20 year history of chasing down music that features lyrics with substance, and huge melodic hooks that won’t leave you alone — music that’s angry, music that’s a celebration. Doing this with a band has been an itch I haven’t been able to scratch. I want this music to make people realize they have the power to answer this challenge — to truly save the world.”

Absolutely superb album which i can highly recommend, track 7 "I Wish" has to be one of the BEST!!! songs i've heard this year,AWESOME!!!

Heard this one today and it's good stuff. Would pretty much fit on the hard rock / AOR forum, I reckon. That song you like, 'I wish' is a gem, and there's a few more on here. Great sound, and a very cool album. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Heard this one today and it's good stuff. Would pretty much fit on the hard rock / AOR forum, I reckon. That song you like, 'I wish' is a gem, and there's a few more on here. Great sound, and a very cool album. 

Yep agree this whole album would fit nicely in the melodic rock / aor thread but I stuck it here as they describe themselves as a modern rock band as you can see from the section i copied from their website. That aside the track '"I Wish" is as good a melodic rock song as you are gonna hear this year or any other for that matter and is an absolute gem!!! from an utterly fantastic album.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you reckon, Dr AOR. I assume you like Ra's 'Duality' album? Every time I hear that 'I Wish' song, I swear it's Ra on my speakers. Absolute dead ringer for their sound on that album. It is an exceptionally good song. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

One of my fave songs this year...

ABSOLUTELY!! ...and when the singer hits the high notes after the final chorus, that particular tune is ridiculously catchy. Gives me goosebumps.

• 3 years later...