RSO - Rise EP (Richie Sambora and Orianthi)

Captain Howdy

Just downloaded the new EP by Sambora and Orianthi, and I am absolutely stunned.

I cannot believe how poor it is.

Here we have two fantastic fucking guitarists, who both love rock music and the blues, and they release an EP of fucking pop songs with barely a guitar on it.

The opening track is the only rock song on it, and even that is not exactly a great song.

I love both of those guys, and I cannot believe two people with this much talent could release something so out and out shite.

Actually shite is a little unfair as the songs themselves are not actually terrible, but they are certainly a waste of their talent.

14 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Just downloaded the new EP by Sambora and Orianthi, and I am absolutely stunned.

I cannot believe how poor it is.

Here we have two fantastic fucking guitarists, who both love rock music and the blues, and they release an EP of fucking pop songs with barely a guitar on it.

The opening track is the only rock song on it, and even that is not exactly a great song.

I love both of those guys, and I cannot believe two people with this much talent could release something so out and out shite.

Actually shite is a little unfair as the songs themselves are not actually terrible, but they are certainly a waste of their talent.

Wow, I will PASS!

I actually don't mind the song at all either and will check this out.

But Dr Howdy does make a very fair point. Why on earth are two quality guitarists making music like this? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. That said, as long as the songs appeal to me I'll check them out... but it's confusing. 

• 7 months later...

Anyone silly enough to check out 'Radio Free America?' 15 tracks, mostly rubbish, lol. The only two songs I thought were okay are both lifted from the EP - 'Truth,' and the rather good 'Masterpeice.' 

But the rest of it is really quite poor. Two good singers and two good guitarists. Both decent song writers at times too. So why on earth do we get some half-assed kinda pop drivel like this? It's a poor album, imo. 

I had this preordered in hopes that a full album would improve on the naff EPs ... but I cancelled at the last minute as everything I have heard so far has been awful. They even murder an absolute classic in I got you babe.

13 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I had this preordered in hopes that a full album would improve on the naff EPs ... but I cancelled at the last minute as everything I have heard so far has been awful. They even murder an absolute classic in I got you babe.

Haha, yeah that's dreadful.