Coldrain - Fateless

Gotthardline

Love this band... a new album is always something to really look forward too. This new song is definitely at the heavier end of their spectrum. It's actually pretty awesome. The chorus is delicious. Big thumbs up from this guy.

Far and away the best song of this type I've heard this year... by a long way.

That is pretty full on. Wasn't the last one a bit lighter?

To be honest this stuff passes me by these days (I've not played the last album since release lol) but I'll check it out.

That is pretty full on. Wasn't the last one a bit lighter?

To be honest this stuff passes me by these days (I've not played the last album since release lol) but I'll check it out.

Yep, heaps more clean vocals on the last album if I recall correctly. I don't think there were many screams at all. That's why I was pretty surprised by this new track, but that chorus is pretty awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep this is another good one from a really great  band

After a couple of listens , I am not sure if there are any songs as good as Heart of the young or the story from the last album, but it's solid throughout with some really great songs , Lost in faith being my favourite right now , really enjoying it

I love the album. Again, they have not released the truly amazing pinnacle of their career type of album... but as I was listening to this I was thinking that there are very few bands who have been so consistently good for so long. Judging by the last song, sounds like they've been going for 10 years now, and not one of the albums they've released in that time disappoints. I acknowledge that there's not one that just simply amazes, but they are such a consistent very high quality band. Just one of those albums you love to spin. 

The first song is still just an absolute monster. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah, so many clean vocals. That's what I like to hear. I'm not sure I've ever made this comment, and I'm not saying he sounds like Sebastian Bach, but this dude has always reminded me of Bach. Similar vibe, I guess. But yeah, two cool songs and I particularly love the ballad. Very nice. 

45 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Ah, so many clean vocals. That's what I like to hear. I'm not sure I've ever made this comment, and I'm not saying he sounds like Sebastian Bach, but this dude has always reminded me of Bach. Similar vibe, I guess. But yeah, two cool songs and I particularly love the ballad. Very nice. 

Not sure I get the Bach vibe personally but definitely a great singer and a really cool band

The new album actually came out today and its sounding good on first listen , these guys never put bad albums out

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it'd be a very even field, but I might agree that this is their best yet. They are the most ridiculously consistent band to possibly ever walk the earth, and each album delivers to goods. This one does seem to have a few more standouts for me, though. No need explaining anything about the album, because if you liked anything they've ever recorded you'll like this, but yeah, very nice. 

This track is an absolute monster and possibly their best song ever, maybe... possibly? -

Video clip for another of my faves-

And this is another good'un. Can't believe it's been 15 years of such consistent quality-

1 hour ago, Glen said:

like Body Power Fsme but they lose me with the cookie monster vox

Pretty sure, off the top of my head, there is a minuscule percentage of those type of vocals on this album. As with all their other albums... it's not really their jam for the most part.