First Night

First Night

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad? I'd call it rather excellent.

So what's the story here? Is this just a single? Is there an album? Released, or coming? Would love some more info.

• 4 weeks later...

Info from FB:

First Night was formed in summer 2016,after Reneck Sweet decided to put together a new band.Old friends Mikk Tivas ,Kristjan Aasamäe,who were In the band called Rising Sun,we're happy with material which Reneck had written and joined the forces
Idea was to make a AOR/Hard Rock band,the genre that everyone loved.
Reneck says:"i used to be a lead singer in the Rising Sun when we started the band in 2007.Shortly after i left to explore the world and Mikk took over the lead vocals.I returned to Estonia in 2016 and started writing new material,i've been writing songs since i was about 16
After seeing many AOR/Hard rock bands over the years i decided that's exactly what i want to do also.
All the songs i have written with my acoustic guitar,then Mikk is adding ideas and producing everything himself like he did in Rising Sun
Our first single "Dangerous" is out now and will be followed by "Out of the fire" etc.
There are only few people who are listening this kind of music in Estonia but our intetion is to promote ourselves outside the home country.
At the moment i have written about 20 songs for First Night and from this lot we will choose our favourites".

First Night:

Reneck Sweet (vocals)
Mikk Tivas (Lead guitar,backing vocals,mixing)
Kristjan Aasamäe (Drums,backing vocals)

I like it. If any thing, maybe a little beefier sound?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dig the music... the layered guitars and harmonized backing vocals are great... but I'm not in love with the lead vox.  Call me an unforgiving American (I can live with that), but other than some of my favorite British bands (Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, etc.), I wish all lead singers sounded like they were from Santa Monica.

9 hours ago, gener8tr said:

I dig the music... the layered guitars and harmonized backing vocals are great... but I'm not in love with the lead vox.  Call me an unforgiving American (I can live with that), but other than some of my favorite British bands (Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, etc.), I wish all lead singers sounded like they were from Santa Monica.

heh heh all singers should have German or Scandinavian accents :)

• 2 months later...