KIK TRACEE - Big Western Sky (2017) 2-CDs

AlphaMale

Volume 1: No Rules Volume 2: Field Trip

KIK%2BTRACEE%2B-%2BBig%2BWestern%2BSky%2KIK%2BTRACEE%2B-%2BBig%2BWestern%2BSky%2

Californian melodic hard rockers KIK TRACEE are releasing “Big Western Sky”, their first album in more than 25 years in the shape of a B-sides, demos and rarities, available on 2 CD / 4 LP.

The Vol.1 is oddly titled "No Rules" as the band's '91 album, but it's full of unreleased material.

These are pre-production recording for their second full length that never was, early demos, a couple of live recordings, etc.

Kik Tracee vocalist singer Stephen Shareaux said of the release: “After all these years. Why a Kik Tracee release now? The timing just felt right.

We've been sitting on these songs for what, 25 years now? Kinda pulled them out recently, and listened to the stuff, and thought. You know. Let's package this stuff and put it out there for the diehard fans to relive the glory days, if you will, or just get their Kik Tracee on, man”.

The sound quality is very good, most of them pre-production stuff which at the time were done professionally and would be today's envy for many bands.

This Vol. 1 features the songs that never made into Kik Tracee debut, plus some from the unreleased 2nd full length album. Hard Rockin¡, catchy stuff with an early '90s feel.

Highly Recommended

01. Cats In The Cradle (Demo)
02. Without Love (Demo)
03. Romeo Blues (Demo)
04. Big Western Sky (Demo)
05. Equal Opportunity (Demo)
06. Generation Express (Demo)
07. Strawberry Jam (Demo)
08. System Above (Demo)
09. Tangerine Man (Demo)
10. Bring Home Yesterday (Demo)
11. Don't Need Rules (Demo)
12. Shake The House (Demo)
13. You’re So Strange (Live Acoustic)
14. Lost (Live)
15. Gentle Persuasion (B-Side)

The vol.2 is sub-titled 'Field Trip'. These are pre-production recording for their second full length that never was, early demos, a couple of live recordings, etc.

The sound quality is very good, most of them pre-production stuff which at the time were done professionally and would be today's envy for many bands.

This Vol. 2 also includes two cool acoustic performances captured live in a radio performance.

Highly Recommended

01. Field Trip (Demo)
02. Outta My Bed (Demo)
03. Shine (Demo)
04. Walking With A Dead Girl (Demo)
05. Under The Influence (Demo)
06. Drop In The Ocean (Demo)
07. Blood Brother (Demo)
08. Drop In The Ocean (Live on Pirate Radio)
09. Walking With A Dead Girl (Live on Pirate Radio)
10. In Trance (Demo)

Stephen Shareaux - lead vocals
Michael Marquis - guitars, backing vocals
Gregory Hex - guitars, backing vocals
Rob Grad - bass, backing vocals
Johnny Douglas - drums, percussion, backing vocals

Pre Order:

empmerch.com/product/kik-tracee-big-western-sky-cd-pre-order/
empmerch.com/product/kik-tracee-big-western-sky-part-1-no-rules-limited-edition-double-vinyl-lp/

Any of this stuff on YouTube to check out?

It sounds like I'd be more interested in the stuff on Disc 1 than Disc 2. I loved "No Rules," but the "Field Trip EP" was a poop sandwich.

It sounds like I'd be more interested in the stuff on Disc 1 than Disc 2. I loved "No Rules," but the "Field Trip EP" was a poop sandwich.

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

First two are cool tunes, better than a lot of what ended up on the albums. Sound quality is average, though. I'm moderately interested in this - just the songs I've not heard - but there do seem to be a lot of demos of songs we already know.

Cap'n - pick it up on Amazon for under £13 - I'm deffo looking forward to this falling thru the letter box - I always thought KT were massively overlooked and it was a pity they fell by the wayside while lesser bands went that bit further.