Dextress

Stefan

artist_page_hero_440.png

Debut album coming October 6th.

From FB:

Armed with a sound that's primal and in your face, Dextress will make you move no matter what they're playing.

A four person band originating in Calgary, Alberta, Dextress uses heavy hitting power chords, slick solos, and attention grabbing vocals to get their point across. Their point: That sometimes letting loose means getting a little rowdy and messy. The hangover the next day will be worth it.

Dextress began in the hot summer of 2011 suburbia with lead singer Jackson Taylor and lead guitarist Mark Janz. The band's sound has grown and changed along with the members, and the two founding musicians collaborate with the rest of the band to write all of their own material. Drawing inspiration for their sound primarily from the 80's, specifically Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, and Mötley Crüe, to name a few, Dextress is able to hit the sweet spot for modern appeal mixed with old school rock 'n' roll.

If their enthusiasm isn't already prevalent in their recorded songs, their live shows will leave you with no doubt that Dextress is passionate about what they do and that they know how to put on a show. The atmosphere shifts when the band gets on stage and doesn't let up until the lights go on again. They're dramatic without being overwhelming - a classic act but missing typical by a mile.

As AC/DC puts it, it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n' roll. And with the introduction of Eric Paulin on bass, the band has nothing to do and nowhere to go but upwards.

Dextress:

Eric Paulin - Lead Vocals
Mark Janz- Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals
Reece Runco - Bass, Backing Vocals
Keith Runco - Drums, Backing Vocals

www.dextressband.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a pretty good album.  At the moment it seems like the only way to get a physical copy on cd is to get it from the band.  I didn't see it for sale on the band's site, but they mention, on their FB page, that it is available on cd.

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2017 at 5:11 AM, Crazysam said:

This is a pretty good album.  At the moment it seems like the only way to get a physical copy on cd is to get it from the band.  I didn't see it for sale on the band's site, but they mention, on their FB page, that it is available on cd.

They're having a merch blowout sale (including the physical copy) on their homepage.

I just ordered the CD.

http://www.dextressband.com/merch

• 2023 Gold Donors
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, Stefan said:

They're having a merch blowout sale (including the physical copy) on their homepage.

I just ordered the CD.

http://www.dextressband.com/merch

I went to check out their merch blowout sale.  Their cd is selling for $10 and when I went to checkout, they wanted $11 for shipping.  I'll pass.  Not sure that the cd is actually on sale anyway as all the other stuff has the prices crossed out and the sales prices next to them.  The cd just list the one (I'm assuming original) price.

• 3 years later...

48ad45a6-a569-7854-aa41-045323612a0c.jpg

This is being re-released through Eonian Records with a bonus track.

From Eonian Records:

DEXTRESS - After Dark Edition

Envision the delirious fun of Van Halen, influence of Mötley Crüe, anthemic precision of Def Leppard, all smeared with the back alley grime of Skid Row and Guns n’ Roses, and you have hit the sweet spot with Calgary, Alberta’sDEXTRESS!

Originally released in October 2017, few debut Indie releases (or groups) have been so enthusiastically received, landing the #8 spot on the Sleaze Roxx’s Top Ten Albums of 2017 to name just one of the highlights. Produced and mixed by renowned producer Glen Robinson at LeStudio, in Montreal, Quebec, this superb sounding debut album consists of one solid punch after another. It is a MUST have for any music fan that wants to turn back the clock to the Decade of Decadence. Eonian Records is thrilled to bring you the re-issue of their debut with all new artwork, band bio written by Steven Reid of Fireworks Magazine, never seen photos of the band, and bonus track “Young n’ Crazy”.

Nice news,I have the original disc and its pretty good,this'll give people another chance to grab it  :)

Just checked and it's available already but the postage is more than the product :wacko:...will just stick with mine.

Edited by lettard