Perfect Plan - All Rise

Stefan

perfectplan-2017.jpg

To be released on Frontiers later this year.

From FB:

Perfect Plan is an AOR/Melodic Rock band from Örnsköldsvik, Sweden. Perfect Plan started out in late 2014 with writing songs and are about to release their debut album 2017. The bands influences are both modern and classic AOR/Melodic Rock from the 80s.

Perfect Plan:

Kent Hilli - Lead vocals
Rolf Nordström - Lead Guitar and backing vocals
P-O Sedin - Bass and backing vocals
Leif Ehlin - Keyboards and backing vocals
Fredrik Forsberg - Drums and backing vocals

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the signing of a great new AOR/Melodic Rock band from Örnsköldsvik, Sweden: Perfect Plan.

The band formed in late 2014 and has been busy writing songs and honing their craft ever since. Perfect Plan music came to the attention of Frontiers Music Srl in the spring of 2017 and the label was immediately excited by the musical mixture of classic Scandinavian AOR (think Work of Art, Treat, early Europe) with nods to legends like Giant, Foreigner, and Journey. Their debut album will include influences from both the modern and classic AOR/Melodic Rock of the 80’s.

The band features the extraordinary new singer Kent Hilli together with Rolf Nordström on guitar, P-O Sedin on bass, Fredrik Forsberg on drums. and Leif Ehlin on keyboards.

Kent Hilli says, “I am so proud and happy to be a part of this journey together with my dear friends in Perfect Plan and i really hope to see you all soon at a stage somewhere. Remember, everything is possible if you want it bad enough!”

Rolf Nordström adds, “I'm really excited and pleased with our debut album and I'm looking forward to this journey together with my great mates in the band!”

Perfect Plan are ready to take on the world and become one of your favorite new melodic rock artists!

• 2 weeks later...

From Frontiers:

Sweden's Perfect Plan will release their debut album, "All Rise" on April 20, 2018! First taste of music coming soon! This one is for all the Melodic Rock/AOR lovers out there...think One Desire, Treat, Work of Art, FM, W.E.T and the like!

kpo8v4xug2pja_600.jpg

1. Bad City Woman 
2. In And Out Of Love
3. Stone Cold Lover
4. Gone Too Far
5. What Goes Around
6. Too Late
7. Can’t Turn Back
8. Never Surrender
9. 1985
10. What Can I Do
11. Heaven In Your Eyes

When you State "think One Desire, W.E.T., Treat,  it better be halfway decent!

• 2 weeks later...

Not too bad....pretty much pure AOR.  Not sure if it's quite my taste as I generally like a little more edge.  But the song does seem well put together and still sounds pretty good.

I'm not sure I'd be comparing it to bands like Eclipse, W.e.t or One Desire though....doesn't seem to have the edge those bands have.

More like Work Of Art, Palace, maybe Brother Firetribe, etc.

I'd like to hear a little more from these guys before making my mind up though.  I've seen on FB the band commented there are edgier songs on the album.

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Not too bad....pretty much pure AOR.  Not sure if it's quite my taste as I generally like a little more edge.  But the song does seem well put together and still sounds pretty good.

I'm not sure I'd be comparing it to bands like Eclipse, W.e.t or One Desire though....doesn't seem to have the edge those bands have.

More like Work Of Art, Palace, maybe Brother Firetribe, etc.

I'd like to hear a little more from these guys before making my mind up though.  

The one band which was accurate was recent FM.

Safe as houses....and just as dull. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

The one band which was accurate was recent FM.

Safe as houses....and just as dull. 

I sort of agree....FM is a good comparison.  

I'd need to hear more edge and I'm doubting it'll really get much more edgy.  No way this turns into W.e.t or something.

• 4 weeks later...

They sound like a good band... just a bit 50/50 as to whether the songs will really speak to me and lick my balls. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 9:24 AM, Geoff said:

They sound like a good band... just a bit 50/50 as to whether the songs will really speak to me and lick my balls. 

Exactly how I feel.  

Really good AOR that many will like but not enough edge to it for me.