Autograph - Get Off Your Ass!

Stefan

19657087_1199987570106017_31623270421433

New album 'Get Off Your Ass!' out in September.

Marc Weiland said in an interview: “Well, the record is going to be the five songs from the EP plus five new songs. I recorded and mixed everything…. I put everything together. It turned out amazing, it really did. It’s a big variety of songs. We have an amazing, killer ballad on there as well as a new single, which is called “Get Off Your Ass” which will get people to get off their ass. I’m really, really excited about it. It turned out really good.”

511cvqiiYoL._SX425_.jpg

I thought there EP from last year had a decent track or two but overall wasn't very memorable. I do like Simon Daniels, so I'll give this one a shot. But being a longtime fan of the band I'd be much more interested if Steve Plunkett was still involved.

• My Little Pony

They actually released a full EP last year? What was that called?

"Louder".

HE SAID, "WHAT WAS THAT CALLED?"

Oh, wait...

"Louder".

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=32977&p=704390

Yeah, that thread died a horrible death in April, and then not a comment afterwards. Thus I had no idea anything was ever released. Out of curiosity, which month did it come out?

It was called...."This shit sucks".....

Seriously though.....some bands change singers and I can get on board. This didn't do it for me. I guess I'll check this new batch out and see....but I'm just not feelin' it. This is one band that needs their original singer....or someone who actually sounds like him.

"Louder".

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=32977&p=704390

Yeah, that thread died a horrible death in April, and then not a comment afterwards. Thus I had no idea anything was ever released. Out of curiosity, which month did it come out?

January 7th (2016)

Another EP? I was under the assumption Get Off Your Ass was to include the 5 songs from Louder plus some new stuff for a full length release. Anyone know the track listing to clarify?

You're right. My mistake.The 5 songs from Louder + 5 new songs.

First post edited.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Love this bands first 3 releases, 'Sign In Please' especially is a bonafide classic for me, but after hearing a few bits of this, i'm not holding out much hope of them returning to the quality of the early days of those 3.

It's not actually the worst song ever, but how is that Autograph in any way, shape or form? Sounds like a dodgy Helix b-side or something. No offence to Helix, they're just different bands.

Plunkett didn't do Autograph's legacy any favours by adding the 'Buzz' album to their discography, but this isn't helping either. Neither this, or 'Buzz' are what any fan of Autograph associate their sound/style with.

It's not actually the worst song ever, but how is that Autograph in any way, shape or form? Sounds like a dodgy Helix b-side or something. No offence to Helix, they're just different bands.

Plunkett didn't do Autograph's legacy any favours by adding the 'Buzz' album to their discography, but this isn't helping either. Neither this, or 'Buzz' are what any fan of Autograph associate their sound/style with.

100% correct!