H.E.A.T - Into The Great Unknown

Stefan

Its. Fucking. Fantastic.

I can't remember what you said about Tearing Down The Walls before it came out (although I think it got a perfect score on the website), but how do you feel about it 3 years after release?

I loved TDTW from almost straight away....it grew on me before I reviewed. This one is extraordinary straight outta the box. Still adore both the Erik fronted albums - among my favourites in the last decade. This will go nicely with those.

Man, this is music to my ears. The two Erik albums are among my all-time favorites - way ahead of the earlier albums. If this one is in the mix with the other Erik stuff - BRING. IT. ON.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need samples asap!

Not really it's just I'd prefer a really cool medium paced song to break the rockers than a sappy ballad.

I like some cool acoustic ballads, hopefully they throw one in it :D

The more I listen, the more different I realise it is. 6 rockers, 4 ballad/moody/angst/intense songs.

Samples?!

Just hoping there is a single soon....I just feel like I'm getting really, really teased when bands announce albums and release dates without launching a single along with it. Give me something to sink my teeth into :taz:

That said, I've already pre-ordered this without hearing a single song :)

Unfortunately, in the USA, "bonus" is 2 words.

(see what I did there?)

(SEE IT?!?!?)

A lot of times, I end up liking bonus tracks better than some of the main offerings.

The first song is a while yet. August?

I think with TDTW they released the first single about 2 months ahead of the album release.

And Degreed is on the same label....They released Shakedown in May and their album isn't releasing until late August....

I know all that could mean nothing but just trying to convince myself that maybe we'll see something this month :git:

First single is out 11th August

What??!!

Starting to see some reviews on this album surface...

http://heavyparadise.blogspot.com/2017/07/review-heat-into-great-unknown-2017.html

https://www.therockpit.net/2017/album-review-h-e-a-t-into-the-great-unknown/

https://viriaor.wordpress.com/2017/07/16/h-e-a-t-into-the-great-unknown-2017-gainsony-review/

The third one is some other language and a little difficult to read translated, but just included since it seems to present some different thoughts.

I think all I'm taking from these is that the album is going to have a bit different approach than the last one. It definitely sounds like they're using more keyboards and modern/pop type elements in some songs. Maybe it's fair to say they're really trying to blend the styles from the last two albums as ATN was clearly more AOR oriented than TDTW in my opinion. I loved both albums so doesn't really matter to me.

It's going to be a long couple months LOL.

Heard some Spanish podcast that played 5 songs off the album. The songs were Bastard of Society, Redefined, Shit City, Eye Of The Storm and Blind Leads The Blind. I'm sure it isn't authorized and will be killed soon enough. I just didn't have the will power to not listen lol.

Sounds pretty darn good to me. Bastard and Blind both rock and are highlights for me and sounds like TDTW holdovers. Eye is the power ballad...pretty good. Shit City is different but better than I expected from the name. Redefined is also different....probably the kind of song that will grow and the least immediate for me of the ones I heard.

Definitely some variety in the songs I heard. Probably need to hear how the whole album fits together before really making much judgement.

Heard some Spanish podcast that played 5 songs off the album. The songs were Bastard of Society, Redefined, Shit City, Eye Of The Storm and Blind Leads The Blind. I'm sure it isn't authorized and will be killed soon enough. I just didn't have the will power to not listen lol.

Sounds pretty darn good to me. Bastard and Blind both rock and are highlights for me and sounds like TDTW holdovers. Eye is the power ballad...pretty good. Shit City is different but better than I expected from the name. Redefined is also different....probably the kind of song that will grow.

Definitely some variety in the songs I heard. Probably need to hear how the whole album fits together before really making much judgement.

Do you have a link to where we can find that podcast?

Sounds pretty darn good to me. Bastard and Blind both rock and are highlights for me and sounds like TDTW holdovers. Eye is the power ballad...pretty good. Shit City is different but better than I expected from the name. Redefined is also different....probably the kind of song that will grow.

Do you have a link to where we can find that podcast?

Link to the post over at MR.com that had the link in it. No telling how long it will work.

http://www.melodicrock.com/phorum52/read.php?1,1063002,1063094#msg-1063094