H.E.A.T - Into The Great Unknown

Stefan

8 hours ago, simo said:

I don't think it stands for anything, just Heat but they chose to write it like that

Wholeheartedly agree with Erik that the last record wasn't that great, but I'm not as optimistic as him in regards to their next album. I'd love it if they did but I'm not sure they'll be able to deliver next time round

I think I've heard them say it in interviews that it does stand for something but I'm not sure what.  I used to think it had something to do with the founding members real names but I have no idea.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, melodicrock said:

I do - the band told me - but it's still a secret I believe.

Really?
Instantly diminished how I feel about the band if they are going to play little schoolyard games like that...

It's pretty pointless/pathetic if it stands for something they can't mention. To me, that pretty much means it means nothing whatsoever. 

10 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Really?
Instantly diminished how I feel about the band if they are going to play little schoolyard games like that...

How does this change how someone feels about a band?

It's not like they killed someone.

5 hours ago, sirlemonhead said:

They did actually - they told me who - but it's still a secret I believe

:)

Your response was funnier than mine would have been.

Let me rephrase...
The band seems kinda lame if the are going to play games like this.

43 minutes ago, melodicrock said:

I'll ask them, how about that? But if they told me after a night of drinking when it's just a laugh between them....then no one should take offense!

I doubt anyone is offended, it's just not that important. I just read it as HEAT. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'm so glad I  asked. ;)

It was purely out of curiosity. The fact they keep it a secret or what it stands for doesn't diminish my enjoyment of their music in the slightest. Good on em'! Having said that, my curiosity is at peak levels. Maybe someone should start a "guess what H.E.A.T. stands for" topic. Also, if Andrew knows, then maybe Dan has some inside information. He's been suspiciously quiet. 

2 hours ago, melodicrock said:

I'll ask them, how about that? But if they told me after a night of drinking when it's just a laugh between them....then no one should take offense!

If they told you after a night of drinking, odds are they forgot what it stood for later on that night. Probably stood for something else the morning after, and something else today. ;) 

I like how Blackie Lawless once answered the question what W.A.S.P. stood for with ''we ain't sure, pal''

Maybe H.E.a.T. had visionary power when they named themselves and already predicted ''How Every Album That'' followed would be weaker than the one before it :D 

Except every album isn't weaker than the one before. Address the nation is a million times better than the first two albums, and Into the great unknown is better than Breaking down the walls.

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Except every album isn't weaker than the one before. Address the nation is a million times better than the first two albums, and Into the great unknown is better than Breaking down the walls.

Not sure I agree about ITGU being better than TDTW.....But do agree that the Gronwall led H.e.a.t albums are all WAY stronger than the earlier two albums.

We've been through this before though and there's some that liked H.e.a.t with Kenny that don't like them as much with Erik, some that like them better now and some that liked them with both singers.  I'm squarely in the category of liking them with Erik. 

I go back and forth on what my favorite album from these guys is....Some days it's ATN and others it's TDTW....depends on my mood I guess.  Either way, they've went to another level with Erik in my book.

38 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Not sure I agree about ITGU being better than TDTW.....But do agree that the Gronwall led H.e.a.t albums are all WAY stronger than the earlier two albums.

We've been through this before though and there's some that liked H.e.a.t with Kenny that don't like them as much with Erik, some that like them better now and some that liked them with both singers.  I'm squarely in the category of liking them with Erik. 

I go back and forth on what my favorite album from these guys is....Some days it's ATN and others it's TDTW....depends on my mood I guess.  Either way, they've went to another level with Erik in my book.

I bet you think it means -

Hoping Eternally American Tour

;)

12 minutes ago, Glen said:

I bet you think it means -

Hoping Eternally American Tour

;)

That sounds good :)

I consider myself lucky to have seen them twice here :)

Americans would rather go watch 60 year old has beens year after year than great, new bands who would blow those older acts away and who are actually putting out good, new music.  It makes little sense to me.

Well, aside from it all being lame with the cloak and dagger stuff, imma gonna embrace it and make some assumptions...

Heathens Entrapping All Types

Hell Embraces All Tits

• 2023 Gold Donors
22 hours ago, simo said:

I like how Blackie Lawless once answered the question what W.A.S.P. stood for with ''we ain't sure, pal''

Good example of an ambiguous band name mate. Although Blackie's been a bit coy over the years, I'm pretty sure it stands for "White Anglo Saxon Protestant", although, I still like to think lf it in my heart as "We Are Sexual Perverts". What can I say?.....I'm a romantic. 

Ironically a cloak and dagger game may have been set in place to stir up some controversy and mystique like WASP or KISS.

Those days are gone. Nobody really gives a shit if it stands for Hearts Eternal Adventurous Treasure.
It's more fun making fun of the name now :)