H.E.A.T - Into The Great Unknown

Stefan

1 hour ago, T-BONE said:

I agree with Dan on this one.... Only one time through so far, but nothing grabbed my instant attention like on Address The Nation and "most" of Tearing Down The Walls. A few tunes had some inspiring spots. Blind Lead The Blind is my favorite tune thus far. I do hope it's a grower....

Growers and Instants are a love/hate for me. I LOVE instants, but that's usually because it fit exactly what I was expecting, meaning the band maybe didn't grow or expand their sound.

Growers piss me off initially because it seems like a band didn't live up to my expectations initially, but then again, were my expectations too high, or did tue band expand for the better and I didn't give it a chance?

This one is at a 70% for me on the first spin, but I truly want it to get better.

That's pretty much my take on it.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

That's pretty much my take on it.

Agree!

6 hours ago, Glen said:

Not sure what you lot are listening to but for me it's bordering on another masterpiece. 

It's pushing my top 5 and that's saying something in 2017. 

You may really like it, but "Masterpiece" it is not.

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Glen said:

Not sure what you lot are listening to but for me it's bordering on another masterpiece. 

It's pushing my top 5 and that's saying something in 2017. 

52 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

You may really like it, but "Masterpiece" it is not.

Yeah, but we all know Glen's a bit special. ;}

• 2023 Gold Donors

Very Very Average album with nothing special or stand out apart from  Redefined which is a fantastic song. Since EG joined and they gave us ATN which i love they have been releasing weaker material with each album resulting in this pile of blandola. This won't even be in my top 20 VERY DISAPPOINTING!!! 

Not sure why there is so much criticism around this album , I think it's great and definitely better than TDTW

The only song I really am not keen on is We Rule and perhaps time on our side which is OK I guess

Best of the Broken is probably my favourite , followed by Shit city , Bastard of society and Into the Great Unknown which is a great closer to the album

Really good stuff

45 minutes ago, Gotthardline said:

Not sure why there is so much criticism around this album , I think it's great and definitely better than TDTW

Whaaaaa?????

Ok, now I have to tell YOU to get Geoff's penis out of your ears. :lol:

"Better" than TDTW??!!!  The best songs on TDTW for me are Emergency, Eye For An Eye, Point Of No Return, We Will Never Die, Inferno.
The only ones that come close to those on the new one are Blind Leads The Blind, Bastard Of Society, and Shit City.

1 hour ago, Gotthardline said:

The only song I really am not keen on is We Rule and perhaps time on our side which is OK I guess

Best of the Broken is probably my favourite , followed by Shit city , Bastard of society and Into the Great Unknown which is a great closer to the album

Really good stuff

Love it too and will be my #1 album this year.    I wouldn't put it ahead of TDTW but do still like it a lot.  For me, TDTW was great and tough to top.  I also liked ATN a lot too.

My preference of songs would be:

Bastard of Society 

Blind Leads the Blind

Best Of The Broken

Eye Of The Storm

Into The Great Unknown

Shit City

FYI Miley (Japan Bonus)

Do You Want It

Redefined

Time On Our Side

We Rule

I do like every song though and isn't like the bottom songs on my list are skips or something.  They offer good variety but I just find myself getting into the up tempo songs a little more.  I do really like Eye Of The Storm though....great ballad.  The title track is pretty epic and is almost like H.e.a.t's version of Def Leppard's Rocket.  I also like the Japan bonus song even though it's a pretty straight forward, simple rocker.  I know many like Redefined a lot but it just doesn't do too much for me and I find it fairly boring until the middle of the song when it starts to gain some steam.  Time On Our Side has grown on me some as I hated it at first but don't mind it now.  We Rule is a song I can sort of take or leave...It's okay for something different and could work well live IMO. 

I just like these guys a lot so probably a little bias.  They could sing nursery rhymes and they'd sound good to me.

• My Little Pony
13 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I just like these guys a lot so probably a little bias.  They could sing nursery rhymes and they'd sound good to me.

What? You got a problem with nursery rhymes?

On 10/2/2017 at 11:34 PM, heavyharmonies said:

Whaaaaa?????

Ok, now I have to tell YOU to get Geoff's penis out of your ears. :lol:

Mmmmm, I do like ears. And so does, well, you get it, don't you?

My penis. My penis likes ears. 

That said, I'm not going to be overly critical of this album. It's not bad... I just think it's pretty ordinary by HEAT's standards, and definitely not a top 10'er for me. 

It's OK, the cursing is so pointless and with only ten tracks it shouldn't have any filler and there is some. The sound quality is still top notch but the songs don't do much for me. There are many better releases that came out this year.

45 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

It's OK, the cursing is so pointless and with only ten tracks it shouldn't have any filler and there is some. The sound quality is still top notch but the songs don't do much for me. There are many better releases that came out this year.

Yes!

22 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

A few....not many.

On 10/11/2017 at 11:07 PM, Mr. M said:

Checking out my vinyl copy now and I'm glad I bought this on vinyl. The artwork kicks ass

Sounds as good or better than digital

Spinning the vinyl right now! Time On Our Side is  way better than the digital. 

29 minutes ago, davecrash69 said:

I have both the vinyl and the signed pre-order version.. will look to purchase all other versions to add to my near complete collection!

Until I track down the Japan version - Does anyone have the bonus track FYI Miley to send? It would be very much appreciated. Dying to hear it. 

Check messages :)