H.E.A.T - Into The Great Unknown

Stefan

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard this thing first time yesterday and even though still like it, is it safe to say that this is the worst release so far ?

I'm 3 times through now and I love it.

I bought it, after listening to it twice! It's that great! Btw, what was all the fuss about? For the kinda ABBA worshipping song? I absolutely love it! Listening to it right now for the 6th time since yesterday.

This and Stan Bush kept my busy and off my schedule (didn't manage to listen to the new boulevard, except one MIGHTY GREAT opus!)

heard this thing first time yesterday and even though still like it, is it safe to say that this is the worst release so far ?

I'm 3 times through now and I love it.

I bought it, after listening to it twice! It's that great! Btw, what was all the fuss about? For the kinda ABBA worshipping song? I absolutely love it! Listening to it right now for the 6th time since yesterday.

This and Stan Bush kept my busy and off my schedule (didn't manage to listen to the new boulevard, except one MIGHTY GREAT opus!)

Boulevard np.

Very classy disc.

Nope. The first two without Erik do nothing for me, so they are worse.

It is though the worst of the Erik era, but not by much as it is still a great album. Just one or two songs let it down for me.

In the Erik era, yes.

I never got into the first two. But they are the worst H.E.A.T. discs for me.

Agree...also don't like the first two.

I wish they'd re-record some of the songs from the first two album...pick 10-11 of them and do a release. There are some good songs on those albums...just need to add a little beef and edge to some of them. I just think Erik brings a different dynamic and I like many of those songs when they're played live.

Really not looking to start another Erik vs Kenny argument here. Just saying that Erik has a different style and the songs sound different when he sings them.

In the Erik era, yes.

I never got into the first two. But they are the worst H.E.A.T. discs for me.

Sorry guys the 1st two releases were great to my ears...just a different animal...they've moved from AOR/melodic rock sound to a Hard Rock/Melodic rock sound is all that happened,all quality releases on their catalogue so far for me,without the first couple the last few wouldn't exist as the band progressed,so for me they have not had a poor or bad album,but thats the beauty of it,we all have our own different opinions of what we like or dislike :) I really like this release myself been spinning it all day since it arrived this morning and it just grows and grows...how good is the drum intro to Redefined,,,brilliant its in my head as I type lol

Sorry guys the 1st two releases were great to my ears...just a different animal...they've moved from AOR/melodic rock sound to a Hard Rock/Melodic rock sound is all that happened,all quality releases on their catalogue so far for me,without the first couple the last few wouldn't exist as the band progressed,so for me they have not had a poor or bad album,but thats the beauty of it,we all have our own different opinions of what we like or dislike :) I really like this release myself been spinning it all day since it arrived this morning and it just grows and grows...how good is the drum intro to Redefined,,,brilliant its in my head as I type lol

well said.

well said.

Thankyou :)

I own Address The Nation and Tearing Down The Walls with the new one on the way (in the mail).

Address The Nation was the better album if you ask me.

From what I've heard of the old singer he seems ok, but the new guy sounds much better to me.

Of course I prefer vocals that can hit those high notes. So maybe thats it.

Need to check the mail and see if the new one is here yet. :)

I own Address The Nation and Tearing Down The Walls with the new one on the way (in the mail).

Address The Nation was the better album if you ask me.

From what I've heard of the old singer he seems ok, but the new guy sounds much better to me.

Of course I prefer vocals that can hit those high notes. So maybe thats it.

Need to check the mail and see if the new one is here yet. :)

Dude, Kenny the first singer hits some insanely high notes. Just listen to ''Never Let Go'' for example.

Maybe you don't like the style but just saying, if you're looking for an accomplished singer definitely check out their debut

Well, I'm going to be somewhat the contrarian here... the album is very good, but it doesn't grab me by the balls the way the last one did.

For example, in the above track, I kept waiting for a huge chorus payoff, and IMO it never came. No vocal harmonies at all. It's a good song, but could have been better.

I've only listened through the album once thus far and will definitely need several more spins to see if it's a grower, but thus far IMO there are better albums this year...

I would definitely agree on the first part...Doesn't grab me like TDTW did either. But the album is definitely a grower at least for me. I really didn't care for a few songs at first but I really like everything on the album.

Also have to add my Japan copy showed up today and the Japan bonus track F Y I Miley is pretty darn good although it's a little bit short at 2:49. However, I'd say it's probably the heaviest song on the album and is definitely a song they should've included on the standard release. I think it would've fit well right after Do you Want It.

You need to post that bonus track! :whistle:

Yea I need to hear this bonus track as I love the album

I love all 5 albums. One of the strongest bands of modern times.

Preach, brotha!

(Sometime ago, I could easily place ATN as my favorite, not anymore due to strong competition from the first one. That speaks volumes 'bout the greatness of a band!)

From Andrew's 97% review:

The band recorded 14 tracks for this album overall, so there’s 3 more to come at some point

Hmm I wonder how these sound and if we will ever hear them

So I've heard it about 4 or 5 times already and definitely will put this album (with the songs in the order they were released and supposed to be heard) as H.E.A.T's 3rd best with Erik. 

But its still a very good and above average hard rock/melodic rock album. I've really enjoyed that the keyboards have more room now and the overall modern approach to the song production. Its by far one of the best releases of the genre this year.

To better suit my music taste, I've rearranged the songs and deleted some as follows:

1. Bastards of Society
  2. Shit City
  3. Redefined
  4. Best of the Broken
  5. Blind Leads the Blind
  6. Eye of the Storm
  7. Do You Want it?
  8. Into the Great Unknown

IMO if the album was released with these songs in this order, it would be an instant classic.

I agree with Dan on this one.... Only one time through so far, but nothing grabbed my instant attention like on Address The Nation and "most" of Tearing Down The Walls. A few tunes had some inspiring spots. Blind Lead The Blind is my favorite tune thus far. I do hope it's a grower....

Growers and Instants are a love/hate for me. I LOVE instants, but that's usually because it fit exactly what I was expecting, meaning the band maybe didn't grow or expand their sound.

Growers piss me off initially because it seems like a band didn't live up to my expectations initially, but then again, were my expectations too high, or did tue band expand for the better and I didn't give it a chance?

This one is at a 70% for me on the first spin, but I truly want it to get better.