Sign in to follow this  
nyoilers

Train

My daughter to me to see Train last night.They're not bad for a pop band.Thankfully she doesn't really listen to rap music or Justin Bieber.

But... you listen to Rap.

Yes I do on occasion.My preference would be Tupac.Most of the rap/hip hop today kinda sucks.And the autotune is way overdone.Plus why does there have to be at least 2 other people on any release?It's usually group(fill in the blank) featuring mr.X and Miss Y.

Summer's just starting and you're getting me all worked up.Karpetryde !!! My daughter doesn't prefer rapping in a song and I'm fine with that.It is interesting that a song like Sia-Cheap Thrills will be played on a more pop/urban radio station and they'll be a rapper on it but on an adult contemporary station the rap part is cut out.

Yes I do on occasion..
got me thinking of this Office Space - in the car rapping scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASNM1XEQPs

That scene is so relatable, though. I laughed my ass off the first time I saw it, because I knew that was me.

Summer's just starting and you're getting me all worked up.Karpetryde !!! My daughter doesn't prefer rapping in a song and I'm fine with that.It is interesting that a song like Sia-Cheap Thrills will be played on a more pop/urban radio station and they'll be a rapper on it but on an adult contemporary station the rap part is cut out.

Often, like you mentioned in the previous comment, that rap verse is garbage. It's not socially conscious or thought provoking, it's just there because it is what it is: a rap. It's there to sell the song. Because Hip Hop is what's cool.

Thankfully my days of being cool are over.

What is "being cool"?

You said Hip-Hop is cool.So I would gather that not liking Hip-Hop is uncool.At this stage of my life I'm not concerned about fitting in and liking what's popular.

Being cool for me right now means doing as little as possible for as long as possible.