Beast In Black - Berserker

Stefan

12184307_900641320029624_698058356288179
12189804_900644446695978_901798598030331

He got kicked from Battle Beast and now his new band is about to release their debut album.

From FB:

Greetings from Finnvox Studios! Our album is finally ready!!!

Beast In Black:

Anton Kabanen (Battle Beast) (gtr, vox)
Yannis Papadopoulos (Wardrum) (lead vox)
Kasperi Heikkinen (Amberian Dawn) (gtr)
Máté Molnar (bass)
Sami Hänninen (drums)

• 2 months later...

beast-in-black-berserker.jpg

Press release:

BEAST IN BLACK - sign with Nuclear Blast + debut album »Berserker« due in November!

International heavy metallers Beast In Black are ready to strike with might and main! The band with former Battle Beast guitarist Anton Kabanen will release their debut album titled »Berserker«, in November. Its cover artwork marks the return of the collaboration between Anton and Roman Ismailov who was the original illustrator and graphic artist for BATTLE BEAST. Additionally the band can proudly announce that they have signed a worldwide record deal with the famous heavy metal powerhouse Nuclear Blast. More info on BEAST IN BLACK's debut album coming soon...!

Anton Kabanen stated:
"Our wildest dreams came true when we made a deal with Nuclear Blast, the biggest and the best heavy metal label in the world! We are thrilled about our debut album release in November and besides the massive anthem-like heavy metal songs we'll promise unforgettable live shows all around the world as we unleash the »Berserker« album!"

The five-piece, Helsinki based heavy metal band BEAST IN BLACK was founded by Anton Kabanen soon after he had parted ways with BATTLE BEAST in 2015. By the end of 2015 the band played their first gig as opening act for NIGHTWISH. The making of »Berserker« was already in progress back then and it was completed in summer 2017. A deal was signed with Nuclear Blast almost immediately after the completion of the album.

»Berserker« continues in the style of Anton's previously composed works which include the first three BATTLE BEAST albums. One of the essential themes on this debut album is the Japanese manga and anime »Berserk«.

If you close your eyes, you're sure it's a woman singing in the verses.

Nice song.

yeah, had I not seen the video I would have thought the same in regards to the singer during the verses, pretty good tune

He sure sings like a woman.

This sounds almost like Battle Beast. Surprise, surprise...

On 15/09/2017 at 8:12 PM, Stefan said:

So Jez, have you heard this yet? Great stuff.

I've only heard the tracks you have posted up. Got it on pre-order ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Grabbing this one.

The battle beast CD is OK - just disjointed. Whilst I love the 80s influence they've been bringing in they have yet to match their debut for sheer quality. I'm hoping this one gets close as it sounds more visceral.