What band havent I seen....?

Glen

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this thread.

Ill go Bon Jovi.

Ha! I thought I'd go down to the wire, but this is correct. They've been out here plenty of times and I do love their prime stuff, but it's always been a price point for me. Tickets are just too expensive, and to be honest, I am just not sure I'd love the show much these days anyway.

Bon Jovi and Def Leppard have both been out here in recent years, but I've seen neither due to the cost of tickets.

For the record, in brief, just like Curethesane did;

Faster Pussycat ; saw them with Lynch Mob, and ironically, I forgot to post the headliners in this list - Winger. FP were okay, I think, but it was just Taime Downe with a bunch of guys and I don't remember being too into it, to be honest.
Tesla ; saw these guys with Matt (phaffas) many years ago. Awesome gig.
Ted Poley ; he was out a few years ago - I also met a few guys from the forum here at the gig. Ted played mostly Danger Danger tunes, so it was an awesome time.
Steel Panther ; seen them several times and it's always been awesome.
Pretty Boy Floyd ; as with Tuff, it was basically Steve Summers fronting a "bunch of dudes," but it was still cool hearing the voice of PBF doing all the PBF classics.
White Widdow ; only seen them once, opening for Ted Poley... but they were great. Loved it.
Can't believe I forgot Winger, AC/DC, Skid Row and Jeff Scott Soto, just to add some more mystery to my list. ;)

Love this thread.

Ill go Bon Jovi.

Ha! I thought I'd go down to the wire, but this is correct. They've been out here plenty of times and I do love their prime stuff, but it's always been a price point for me. Tickets are just too expensive, and to be honest, I am just not sure I'd love the show much these days anyway.

Bon Jovi and Def Leppard have both been out here in recent years, but I've seen neither due to the cost of tickets.

;)

Didnt think i recalled you mentioning this one

Love this thread.

Ill go Bon Jovi.

;)

Didnt think i recalled you mentioning this one

I've been close, definitely thought about it several times. But yeah, just too much coin...

Ok my turn.

Judas Priest

AC/DC

Little Texas

Ozzy Osborne

Grunttruck

The Cherry Poppin Daddies

Linkin Park

Motley Crue

Y&T

House of Lords

Iron Maiden

Carol King

Kings X

Culprit

Pat Methany

Soundgarden

Fastway

Enuff Z Nuff

Dio

Winger

Alice N Chains

Ratt

Poison

Dan Reed Network

Twisted Sister

Kenny Rodgers

The Bang Gang

Bloodgood

Great White

Mother Love Bone

Lizzy Borden

Michael Monroe

Metal Church

Brian Setzer

Metallica

Van Halen

Britny Fox

The Rolling Stones

Nelson

Kingdom Come

Dokken

Stryper

Scorpions

Prot!en

Tesla

The Ranch

LA Guns

Def Leppard

Georgia Satellites

Krokus

WASP

Queensryche

War Babies

Janes Addiction

Saigon Kick

Vain

This isnt a competition ;)

Mother love bone

I saw Mother Love Bone in a small club in Providence R.I.

• My Little Pony

Motley Crüe

Every band guessed so far turned out to be a disappointment, so why not continue with that theme? ;}

Nope, I saw Motley Crue and loved it, to be honest. I was originally sitting on the moon watching Motorhead (or at least a couple of dots down on earth that were introduced as Motorhead) open for Motley Crue, when by complete chance, a girl I'd been good friends with a few years before walked past as I was getting up to urinate.

She was working at the venue now and got me down into a corporate box, right next to the stage, with free drinks and food. It was awesome. I remember Vince skipping words here and there, but otherwise it was great. This would have been close to ten years ago, though, so I assume they were still good back then. ;)

Oh, the band is still tight. It's just Vince who is the disappointment.

• My Little Pony

Love this thread.

Ill go Bon Jovi.

This was my reasoning for Motley Crüe, 'cause I know you're a cheap bastard. Bob Jovi was my next choice.

;}

Mother love bone

Its not? ;)

And nope saw MLB only once though November 17th 1988 at the Paramount Theater in Seattle Washignton and as you would expect Landrew and company were amazing. A true talent was lost in that young man for sure.

One of my all time favorite bands to this day.

Love this thread.

Ill go Bon Jovi.

Dude, https://lasttix.com.au/

Subscribe to to their email, and they'll let you know when tickets are being cleared out.

Often tickets for bans that I did't know were even touring.

Often the tickets being sold off are pretty good.

This works best for band who you aren't sure are worth the $$$

You can pass, and then get an email with half price tickets and reassess whether you wanna go :)

Mother love bone

Its not? ;)

And nope saw MLB only once though November 17th 1988 at the Paramount Theater in Seattle Washignton and as you would expect Landrew and company were amazing. A true talent was lost in that young man for sure.

Nice. I never saw them

You are gonna need to keep the list updated otberwise it will get well confusing.....

2nd guess : The Ranch

Simply because i have no idea who they are

Mother love bone

Its not? ;)

Nice. I never saw them

You are gonna need to keep the list updated otberwise it will get well confusing.....

2nd guess : The Ranch

Simply because i have no idea who they are

:)

I saw the Ranch a couple different times in 1997, once at a big festival at the Gorge at St George and a second smaller college gymnasium event.

For those not familiar The Ranch is an or was an Aussie country rock band that launched everyone's favorite guitarist Keith Urban into stardom. Both shows were very impressive and if your OK with a little twang in your rock The Ranch's one and only release is a good one and the live shows were excellent. Keith is a hell of a performer and slays on the guitar.

Judas Priest

AC/DC

Little Texas

Ozzy Osborne

Grunttruck

Linkin Park

Motley Crue

Y&T

House of Lords

Iron Maiden

Carol King

Kings X

Culprit

Pat Methany

Soundgarden

Fastway

Enuff Z Nuff

Dio

Winger

Alice N Chains

Ratt

Poison

Dan Reed Network

Twisted Sister

Kenny Rodgers

The Bang Gang

Bloodgood

Great White

Mother Love Bone

Lizzy Borden

Michael Monroe

Metal Church

Brian Setzer

Metallica

Van Halen

Britny Fox

The Rolling Stones

Nelson

Kingdom Come

Dokken

Stryper

Scorpions

Prot!en

Tesla

The Ranch

LA Guns

Def Leppard

Georgia Satellites

Krokus

WASP

Queensryche

War Babies

Janes Addiction

Saigon Kick

Vain

This was my reasoning for Motley Crüe, 'cause I know you're a cheap bastard. Bob Jovi was my next choice.

;}

Yep, that's me. But I don't recall Motley being too expensive. Probably because I originally had such crappy seats, lol. But I also probably assumed Motley Crue would still kick a whole lot more ass than modern day Bon Jovi? ;)

Dude, https://lasttix.com.au/

Subscribe to to their email, and they'll let you know when tickets are being cleared out.

Often tickets for bans that I did't know were even touring.

Often the tickets being sold off are pretty good.

This works best for band who you aren't sure are worth the $$$

You can pass, and then get an email with half price tickets and reassess whether you wanna go :)

Holy shit mate, thanks for that. That's exactly my type of site. That looks really awesome. I'm always seeking sites like this for holiday and beer specials, and this will make an awesome addition. Thanks heaps for the link. ;)

Anyway Terry, I don't even know where to start. Can I make two guesses?

My original guess is going to be House Of Lords, because I can't image you seeing a band like that. Maybe you accidentally caught them as part of a festival or something, but that's guess one.

If not, I'll try Vain, because you hate them. Unless you are open to self-torture, I can't imagine why you'd see a band you have made so extremely clear you hate so much. ;)

He he. You guys know me sooo well. ;)

SO I will give you a freebie or two on those guesses, but alas all three are wrong.

I saw House of Lords on April 9th 1991 at the Paramount theater when they opened up for the Nelson brothers. Nelson of course was ridiculously amazing and I will never forget how they ended the show with the Bill and Ted's Powertool track 2 Heads Are Better Than 1. HOL were great as well even though I was not all that familiar with them, so Geoff you are a little right as they were a supporter and certainly not who I went to see.

I saw the Stones in the gulp Kingdom of all places prior to its implosion on November 28th 1997. Third Eye Blind opened this one and I was not impressed and quite bummed to not see a cool band as the opener. The Stones were cool as cool as they always are and played all the hits plus.

As for Vain I saw them in Seattle with Talks Cheap in 1990. I obviously went to support my pal Jim's band and Vain just happened to be there. I recall Davy Vain giving us all copies of the cassette as we all partied like mad. Beat The Bullet was on MTV at the time and I didn't think much of Vain then and obviously that first impression carried through for the next 30 years. :)

Judas Priest

AC/DC

Little Texas

Ozzy Osborne

Grunttruck

Linkin Park

Motley Crue

Y&T

House of Lords

Iron Maiden

Carol King

Kings X

Culprit

Pat Methany

Soundgarden

Fastway

Enuff Z Nuff

Dio

Winger

Alice N Chains

Ratt

Poison

Dan Reed Network

Twisted Sister

Kenny Rodgers

The Bang Gang

Bloodgood

Great White

Mother Love Bone

Lizzy Borden

Michael Monroe

Metal Church

Brian Setzer

Metallica

Van Halen

Britny Fox

The Rolling Stones

Nelson

Kingdom Come

Dokken

Stryper

Scorpions

Prot!en

Tesla

The Ranch

LA Guns

Def Leppard

Georgia Satellites

Krokus

WASP

Queensryche

War Babies

Janes Addiction

Saigon Kick

Vain

Funnily enough i saw Vain as a support years ago and they did very little for me as well. But i revisited their stuff about 5 years ago and for some reason it just clicked. I love a fair bit of their stuff now

Next guess : Fastway??

Where and when.....im interested

Fastway will get a bonus scratch off the list as well as I saw them as a support act to AC/DC on October 13th 1983 in the Tacoma Dome.

AC/DC was supporting the Flick of the Switch album and they were at the top of their game at this time. All the canons and Angus on Brian's shoulders wondering about the arena, Angus dropping trough and showing his bum. From what I understand this is the last time AC/DC have performed This House Is On Fire as during this song some kid shot a flare into the dome's ceiling, of course we thought it part of the show and only found out the next day in the papers that it wasn't.

Fastway opened the show and they were of course riding the wave of Say What You Will which was getting a good amount of radio play, we knew every tune as we snatched the S/T up straight away and memorized it all based on the lead off single. Fastway did not disappoint and I recall Dave King humming his hat into the crowd after about 30 seconds and of course the checker board muscle shirts that a good many fans bought.

Quiet Riot was the middle band at this show and they were monstrous as well as they were full on popular supporting Mental Health which was a couple singles deep at this point and they had people going for them as much as for the headliner.

Judas Priest

AC/DC

Little Texas

Ozzy Osborne

Grunttruck

Linkin Park

Motley Crue

Y&T

House of Lords

Iron Maiden

Carol King

Kings X

Culprit

Pat Methany

Soundgarden

Fastway

Enuff Z Nuff

Dio

Winger

Alice N Chains

Ratt

Poison

Dan Reed Network

Twisted Sister

Kenny Rodgers

The Bang Gang

Bloodgood

Great White

Mother Love Bone

Lizzy Borden

Michael Monroe

Metal Church

Brian Setzer

Metallica

Van Halen

Britny Fox

The Rolling Stones

Nelson

Kingdom Come

Dokken

Stryper

Scorpions

Prot!en

Tesla

The Ranch

LA Guns

Def Leppard

Georgia Satellites

Krokus

WASP

Queensryche

War Babies

Janes Addiction

Saigon Kick

Vain

I posted this list on FarceBook and managed to stump a number of my friends:

Marillion

Fields Of The Nephilim

Alice Cooper

KISS

Anthrax

Levellers

Great White

Dokken

Gloria Estefan

Del Amitri

Billy Idol

Slayer

Thunder

Guns n' Roses

Lita Ford

Gonna go out on a limb here and say...... Dokken?

Nope ... I saw Dokken open for AC/DC at Wembley in 1988 :)

Dammit, I keep forgetting most people on this board are a bit older than me :D

Cheeky! :D

Poison

To the chagrin of Jez I have seen Poison a couple times.

Look What The Cat Drqgged In with Ratt and again with Tesla as the opener,

Say what you will Poison puts on a hell of a show, consummate performers. Ratt was fair to midland of note Stephens big show opening jump kick landed him flat on his arse. Tesla as everyone should know crush period.