Magic Dance - New Eyes

Stefan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picking up right where he let off. I thought his last album was very nice although all the songs were pretty much one dimensional. This new song is nice. Love the guitars. Not one of his best songs but really appreciate the fact that his type of synthwave is very much guitar oriented. Hope the rest of the album is excellent. 

I like it. It does sound very similar to a few tracks from the last album, but nothing wrong with having a similar sound to something excellent. 

• 1 month later...

I'm very fond of that. Love it. Does this dude play the guitar as well as sing? I love that guitar sound he has in his tunes. Great melodic rock. 

2 hours ago, Ponen said:

Really nice. Better than the first one.

both songs sound identical to me. And both sound identical to the debut ?

or is it just me. 

6 hours ago, Glen said:

both songs sound identical to me. And both sound identical to the debut ?

or is it just me. 

Ha true..his songs are pretty much one dimensional but...two different songs so the melodies do vary(though very slightly) and the second one happens to sound better to these ears.

No doubt in the world he has a sound and he doesn't stray far from it... but if it's that good I'm prepared to be lenient here, ;)

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

No doubt in the world he has a sound and he doesn't stray far from it... but if it's that good I'm prepared to be lenient here, ;)

I like it but I hope there's a bit of variation at least 

34 minutes ago, Stefan said:

The second song is pretty good melody wise but there's something lacking in the production department. Too rough, almost sounds like a demo. The guitar sound is pretty awful.  Don't like the production at all, sounds too 'busy'.

I agree the mixing/production leaves a little to be desired, the 'busy' sound is a fair critique, catchy tunes though

• 4 weeks later...

I do really like it and it's a tune that'd really grow more and more as you spun it. The sad thing is, 70% of the song is perfect... the weakest part, unfortunately, is the chorus. :(

But it's cool. Nice, as said above, "basic" stuff. But those verses are sublime... 

Dude looks like it's the first video he ever made. Poor dude. If I was him I'd have kept the mic on the stand. :)

Props for the Poison shirt too. Nice. 

Hahaha the video is sad. Agree with the comments above, it must be his first ever video. Only the drummer looks cool in the video. That said, the most important thing is the song..and it is a very nice song. Ya again as you guys mentioned the chorus could have been better coz the verses are perfect but it is what it is...I ll take it.

• 3 weeks later...

mmm I'm gonna have to pass on this one, which is a shame.

The first 6 or 7 songs are all identical and completely forgettable imo. 

I put Creye on afterwards and it completely destroys it in every department (esp production ;) )

Just now, Glen said:

mmm I'm gonna have to pass on this one, which is a shame.

The first 6 or 7 songs are all identical and completely forgettable imo. 

I put Creye on afterwards and it completely destroys it in every department (esp production ;) )

Creye destroys all albums this year, imo, so not too much of a stretch there. ;)

Albums, not EPs, because Lebrock is still the best of the year. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Creye destroys all albums this year, imo, so not too much of a stretch there. ;)

Albums, not EPs, because Lebrock is still the best of the year. 

almost all albums ;)