MBM Shutting Down....Damn!

Dead Planet

Received this today...

Dear Rocker,

with this e-mail I would like to inform you about a decision I made and believe me, it was a real hard decision! Due to private and business reasons I have to quit my work for the mailorder and The Power Of Rock will not continue the way it used to!

Times are changing, the music industry is changing, so I don't want to be part of this business anymore. I have been working 60-70 hours a week to handle all new releases and to make them all visible in the store, continued by proceeding all orders with the logistic. These working hours are not at all in a fair relation to the incoming profits.

I have a wonderful family and I would love to spend a little more time with them. An increasing time investment by decreasing profits is a warning signal for a businessman! Plus it makes it hard to keep up the motivation for us music-lovers.

On top of this, the value of music disappears more and more! It started with downloads followed by flat-streaming services which steadily pushes music into the background.

Since the foundation in 2002 I always had fun to deliver you with the music we all love: honest, great rock music, composed from the bottom of a heart and performed by great musicians! I was really lucky to have had chats with most of you guys, even if it was a short contact in these fast moving times, but it was a honest contact, as the music connects us to a huge family!

Now I would like to say thanks to you and your longtime trust, it means a lot to me, to get such a portion of faith over all these years from so many people from all parts of the world. We all live in such a small world and we'll meet each other one day, if it's meant to be.

All incoming orders will be proceeded with the in-stock CDs, out of stock items will deleted from your order. All new orders will get a 30% discount and all pending orders will be completed anyway. (discount will be deducted manually after receiving your order)

I wish you good luck, have a good time and our motto "The Power Of Rock" will always be with you - keep on rockin'!

Best regards,
Sebastian Eder

Just ordered a shitload of cds....for the last time....

And another one bites the dust... too bad. It was only a matter of time though. Brick & Mortar independent music stores (and even chain CD stores) have all but disappeared. And now the same thing is happening online.

I still think the CD will become extinct in the coming years. Just like vinyl and cassettes...... GONE!

Nah man, vinyl isn't going anywhere. It's actually increasing in popularity.

See here:

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/12/07/vinyl-sales-outstrip-digital-first-time/

and vinyl on track to be a 1 billion dollar industry in 2017 with an estimated 40 million records to be sold:

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/01/11/vinyl-records-billion-dollar-industry/

Companies are even coming out with new record players. It won't ever reach the hysteria of the 80's but its far from gone

The vinyl revival will only last until all those young urban hipsters who are snorking up LPs right now have to change apartments, and they find out how heavy it is to carry an LP collection from place to place. :D

The vinyl revival will only last until all those young urban hipsters who are snorking up LPs right now have to change apartments, and they find out how heavy it is to carry an LP collection from place to place. :D

Hahahaha! That's a good one. Can't disagree with you there since the urban hipsters despise the gym and only lift craft brews and food

• My Little Pony

Hahahaha! That's a good one. Can't disagree with you there since the urban hipsters despise the gym and only lift craft brews and food

Ha! Truu.

Yep, it's a fad.

My daughter bought a record player because a band gave her some vinyl.

this will last a few plays.

Music will soon only be available as downloads.

I really should get motivated and rip and then sell off my massive CD collection.

Some of my shit would be worth a few $$$ I'd say.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'll keep buying CD's as long as they keep making them ! Some of the older acts have gone to their vaults and have released some very pricey box sets the past couple of years.And from what I've heard they have sold reasonably well.

Just a sign of the times I guess. Remember when the malls used to have multiple CD stores? Seems like a long long time ago.

The Mall I frequented had Waxie Maxies, Sam Goody, and Tracks all in the same mall.

Just a sign of the times I guess. Remember when the malls used to have multiple CD stores? Seems like a long long time ago.

The Mall I frequented had Waxie Maxies, Sam Goody, and Tracks all in the same mall.

How about bad business practices like advertising stuff that he never had in store and then instead of refunding, giving "credit" for the next purchase? Good riddance!

How about bad business practices like advertising stuff that he never had in store and then instead of refunding, giving "credit" for the next purchase? Good riddance!

That is reason enough for a shut down.

Never heard of them and never bought anything (and never would as the site is weird and the $$ are well outside of my comfort zone).

it's very sad, although i only bought from them once or twice a year but they're the best so far and don't know where else will i buy those non-Jap releases, probably amazon and AOR heaven

NEH Records? They ship internationally.

it's very sad, although i only bought from them once or twice a year but they're the best so far and don't know where else will i buy those non-Jap releases, probably amazon and AOR heaven

I second that. NEH is awesome!

It's ok if you live in the States but shipping costs internationally is a no go.

It's ok if you live in the States but shipping costs internationally is a no go.

Agreed..also with the Canadian dollar vs the US dollar, right now I have to add 30%....

• My Little Pony

Agreed..also with the Canadian dollar vs the US dollar, right now I have to add 30%....

Yeah, their shipping rates are bullshit. Even when I get them shipped to my PO box in Washington.