2002 - Best Albums

To me it's a no brainer. Harem Scarem - Weight Of The World was a return to form after the pathetic Rubber releases and it was the first cd I ever bought online (I actually created my first and only yahoo email account just to buy this release)...which opened up a massive floodgate. Especially considering I've made over 10,000 transactions, all cd related on Ebay alone.

• My Little Pony

To me it's a no brainer. Harem Scarem - Weight Of The World was a return to form after the pathetic Rubber releases and it was the first cd I ever bought online (I actually created my first and only yahoo email account just to buy this release)...which opened up a massive floodgate. Especially considering I've made over 10,000 transactions, all cd related on Ebay alone.

Haven't even looked at the year's releases, but that's prolly correct.

It is....by a long long way.

I do love Thresholds Critical Mass though.

• My Little Pony

And they prolly took the next year, too, with Higher.

I have yet to get a Harem Scarem CD.

Probably one band I'm missing out on.

Almost didn't get the Kenny McGee cd because it was on back order for so long (when I ordered) but glad I waited, one of the best cd's that year for me.

And better than Julliet if you ask me.

And I guess most of that was from a band called Heartless which I never knew till making that video.

• My Little Pony

I have yet to get a Harem Scarem CD.

Probably one band I'm missing out on.

Yuuup!

Start with the debut, Mood Swings, Weight of the World, and Higher.

And they prolly took the next year, too, with Higher.

Higher is possibly my fav by them

Not a complete no-brainer for me at all. A very adequate top 10 from 2002, in no particular order (except alphabetical lol, zomfg);

91 Suite - 91 Suite
Adriangale - Re:Program
Butch Walker - Left Of Self-Centered
Def Leppard - X
Frontline - Against The World
Harem Scarem - Weight Of The World
Jaded Heart - The Journey Will Never End
Loud & Clear - Disc-Connected
SR-71 - Tomorrow
Vicious Mary - Vicious Mary

Mmmm looking at that top 10 its still a no brainer for me

You mean it's obviously Loud & Clear? I see your point. But the Butch Walker and SR-71 albums are killer too. And hey, don't forget about Harem Scarem. That one was pretty good too, probably in or around the top 5 (or 7).

Butch Walker lol. Jeez that album is pretty patchy for me. Half good half ok.

Granted the Loud n Clear is v good and defo top 5 but better than WOTW? Really?

HS were killing it on that disc. Over the top melodic perfection imo. The first half in particular is absolutely amazing.

Rush ... Threshold ... Leppard ... Lacuna Coil ... Dio ... having three kids aged under 5 at the time meant that 2002 was a pretty dry year chez Gibbo ... *chuckle*

Butch Walker lol. Jeez that album is pretty patchy for me. Half good half ok.

Granted the Loud n Clear is v good and defo top 5 but better than WOTW? Really?

HS were killing it on that disc. Over the top melodic perfection imo. The first half in particular is absolutely amazing.

Butch Walker patchy? Really? I'd have to disagree with that strongly. He was on fire during that era and didn't really know how to write poor songs (oh how the mighty has fallen). The last song on the album was average, the rest was excellent.

Loud & Clear is also fantastic from first to last song.

Of those three, as much as I love Harem Scarem, it was easily the patchiest of the three albums. First five songs are monsters, but from the interlude on it's a weak second half by Harem Scarem standards.

But when the first 5 songs are near perfect 10s that already usurps anything else

I listened to LnC last night....its good. Consistent too. But not a match for the highs on HS.

Haha, let's get serious. 'All I want' and 'Outside my window' are not really knocking on 10's door. Good songs, but defo no 10's, and not as good as most songs on the Butch or Loud & Clear albums... imo, of course.

I will admit Loud & Clear - Disc-Connected is easily in second place. An unreal disc! A top 25 since 2000.

I wish Loud & Clear got signed to Frontiers lets say and released another killer album. I know they have a debut, but Disc-Connected feels like a perfect example of a great release...one and done.

I will admit Loud & Clear - Disc-Connected is easily in second place. An unreal disc! A top 25 since 2000.

I wish Loud & Clear got signed to Frontiers lets say and released another killer album. I know they have a debut, but Disc-Connected feels like a perfect example of a great release...one and done.

Their debut, if recorded with the same production quality as 'Disc-Connected' would be a classic album we all talked about. The fact that they were not given a good record deal back in 1989, or so, is absolutely criminal. 'Love waits' is one of the anthems of the era for me, even though it was only "officially" released in 1997, I still remember it from an old Hard N' Heavy video from, I think, 1989 or so. Along with 'Waiting for the roar.'

This band was so criminally ignored. But yeah, I also wish there was a lot more from them to sink out teeth into.

• 2 weeks later...

Weight Of The World has some of the worst songs they composed (7&8).

What? You're crazy!!

Crazy!

Right, before theres any more crazy comments in this thread i thought id just lay down a quick rating for WOTW.

1. Weight of tbe world - 10

2. Killing me - 10

3. Outside my window - 9.5

4. All i want - 9

5. This aint over - 9

6. Interlude --

7. You ruined everything - 8.5

8. Charmed life - 8.75

9. If you - 8.5

10. Instr --

11. Voice inside - 9.25

Overall : 91%

Replay value : 100%

Basically never grows old. First half is virtually flawless, second half is great too. Even the instrumental i listen to....very clever.

My only gripe would be only 9 complete songs....could have done with a killer mid tempo song in the second half to break the pace....but this is a minor gripe.

The most amazing thing is they topped this with Higher!!!!

Right, before theres any more crazy comments in this thread i thought id just lay down a quick rating for WOTW.

1. Weight of tbe world - 10

2. Killing me - 10

3. Outside my window - 9.5

4. All i want - 9

5. This aint over - 9

6. Interlude --

7. You ruined everything - 8.5

8. Charmed life - 8.75

9. If you - 8.5

10. Instr --

11. Voice inside - 9.25

Overall : 91%

Replay value : 100%

Basically never grows old. First half is virtually flawless, second half is great too. Even the instrumental i listen to....very clever.

My only gripe would be only 9 complete songs....could have done with a killer mid tempo song in the second half to break the pace....but this is a minor gripe.

The most amazing thing is they topped this with Higher!!!!

Mine would be very similar.

Outstanding release.

Let's restore the truth. Btw, there is some nice stuff going on that puts the whole grunge "movement" to shame.

01. Weight of the World 100

02. Killing Me 100

03. Outside Your Window 90

04. All I Want 90

05. This Ain't Over 95

06. Internude (instro)

07. You Ruined Everything 50

08. Charmed Life 20

09. If You like 70

10. See Saw (great instro- still a lovelly warm up for the fingers, Shrapnel Recs days anyone? )

11. Voice Inside 70

12. End Of Time 90

Easily Frontline is the better release.

Edit: Curious now to find how they both stand towards Heartland's Communication Down. :D

Why is Charmed Life so low??? That makes no sense whatsoever :screwy:

Its just a typical very melodic HS song. Just completely their sound.

Weird that you obviously like HS but not that song.

What is so different about it? Im interested....