Eclipse - Monumentum

Stefan

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree, they are all starting to sound the same. Lucky us that it's a great song they keep doing over and over.

Agree with the others...familiar formula but don't care one bit. If something isn't broke they don't need to fix it.

This sounds great to me and can't wait to get this album in my hands and crank it properly :)

My thought exactly!!!

Agree with the others...familiar formula but don't care one bit. If something isn't broke they don't need to fix it.

This sounds great to me and can't wait to get this album in my hands and crank it properly :)

My thought exactly!!!

Add me to the list too :drink2:

I agree that they don't really need to do anything to change what they're doing, as they're as big as any band in the genre at the moment and Martensson obviously loves doing this style for Eclipse.

But me, personally? Well, I'm glad you asked. If you do happen to ask me, I think the Toby Hitchcock album is easily Martensson's best to date. So what I would love to see for Eclipse, being his own baby... I would love to see him write an album that outdoes that CD is every regard. He could go to the toilet and make a better produced album, but song-wise I want to hear super-melodic songs that shall we say, eclipse, the Hitchcock album. lol. What a jester. But yeah, just the most melodic, catchiest album he could possibly write... but still with balls, as that is a trademark for Eclipse.

That's what I would personally wish for. ;)

On a side note i never listen to that Hitchcock album but listen to Eclipse all the time.

I think i prefer what they are doing here tbh.

That's just 'cause you're lazy. Don't you not even own half the Eclipse albums?

Listen to Hitchcock... you'll see the light then. I'm surprised, though... the way you hype up his upcoming album, I'd assumed you were playing his debut on a weekly basis.

I agree that they don't really need to do anything to change what they're doing, as they're as big as any band in the genre at the moment and Martensson obviously loves doing this style for Eclipse.

But me, personally? Well, I'm glad you asked. If you do happen to ask me, I think the Toby Hitchcock album is easily Martensson's best to date. So what I would love to see for Eclipse, being his own baby... I would love to see him write an album that outdoes that CD is every regard. He could go to the toilet and make a better produced album, but song-wise I want to hear super-melodic songs that shall we say, eclipse, the Hitchcock album. lol. What a jester. But yeah, just the most melodic, catchiest album he could possibly write... but still with balls, as that is a trademark for Eclipse.

W.E.T.

W.E.T.

WET is very nice, and yet another project that is better than Eclipse. I'd like to see him strive to make Eclipse the best of his projects.

The debut is, Rise Up isnt imo.

Anyway im not 'hyping' Hitchcock....i just saying its one i am looking forward too.

The reality of the debut is there are 5 or 6 killer songs throughout the middle of the album but equally half it is around 8/10.

A fine album of course marred by production issues - i just think i prefer the last 3 Eclipse albums which are consistently excellent imo.

Anyway im not 'hyping' Hitchcock....i just saying its one i am looking forward too.

The reality of the debut is there are 5 or 6 killer songs throughout the middle of the album but equally half it is around 8/10.

A fine album of course marred by production issues - i just think i prefer the last 3 Eclipse albums which are consistently excellent imo.

I absolutely love the debut, but found Rise Up surpassed it.

W.E.T. > Eclipse

But I want R. Sall only for my beloved WoA.

Yeah, probably I tend to prefer more luxurius/lite/delicate/elegant sound in the AOR/Melodic Rock vein VS the more heavier/hard rock sound, but always with the quality of Work Of Art.

I absolutely love the debut, but found Rise Up surpassed it.

The first 3 tracks on Rise Up are Flawless but it doesnt quite maintain that quality.

This second track has really grown on me.....Can't seem to get it out of my head.

I think part of the issue with these guys is they really have a high bar....Armageddonize was just awesome and will be really tough to top.

I just want a solid melodic rock album and these first two songs have it off to a great start.

This album is infectiously brilliant. I just can't get enough of these guys. The album is superb...a few little twists to say fresh, but everything you love about Eclipse.

Oh you tease us sir :)

This album is infectiously brilliant. I just can't get enough of these guys. The album is superb...a few little twists to say fresh, but everything you love about Eclipse.

Oh you tease us sir :)

I know right

My apologies. I'll crank up the Art nation album instead :pickle:

You my friend are an ASS!!! lol