Bands you wish would make one more album

Gotthardline

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

I also hope there's more but Ghost is so plodding and I find it starts badly. Not that the songs are bad, just slow with no real build or highlights. Compare it to the start of Coupe as well as overall. Not in the same league.

Maybe it's expectations after Coupe, not sure, but they won't be as high if they release another.

There is no surpassing COG imo, but there are some decent/good songs on GOG.

Decent? Only decent? You're killing me, Smalls. You're phukking killing me!

I wouldn't call Graceland a 'great' album but it could be just me. Maybe I'll do one of those complex Pythagoras theorem calculations on it.

Anyway, I did put Kane Roberts w/Desmond Child on this list to record another album. It made me think how much better he made bands that had a style, gimmick, image etc. better. For instance look what he did for Alice Cooper with Trash, yeah some fillers but the good tracks are great. He kept the sass and sleaze of Aerosmith and helped pen their 2 best reunion era songs in Dude and Rag Doll.

On the flip side there are countless bands and artists he helped out that were just your run of the mill vanilla and, well, they stayed vanilla but with slightly better songs.

On the flip side there are countless bands and artists he helped out that were just your run of the mill vanilla and, well, they stayed vanilla but with slightly better songs.

I don't think he co-wrote any full albums that weren't pretty great. Contributions to a few songs here and there, yeah, didn't always work out amazingly because other people ruined those albums.

Only exception could be Southgang's debut, which has 4 monsters and a bunch of okay to good tunes. But the rest... quality, as far as I recall.