06. Last Of Our Kind
07. One Way Ride
08. Talk Of The Town
09. Flatline
10. Cuda
11. Black Or Blonde

skarlet.jpg

skarlet.jpg]

Skärlet are a four piece band from Melbourne, Australia with an unrelenting emphasis on quality song writing and explosive live shows.

Back in 2014 Tommy-O , a carefree hard hitting yet technically proficient drummer from New Zealand, and Mitch O'Shea, a guitarist with a keen sense of melody and an uncompromising desire for perfection in music, crossed paths and instantly knew they were destined to be in a band together. The two shared an interest in creating their own brand of 80's influenced rock with a modern edge.

Shortly after, the two met Will Saw, a great bass player, an all round badass motherfucker and the best head of hair you've ever seen.

After a year of hard work in rehearsal studios writing, recording and perfecting songs, the group took on Axel Winter as their frontman who completed the bands lineup and brought his own brand of bitchin' high range screamin' and a sense of showmanship that would rival the great David Lee Roth.

Skärlet are currently performing on stages around Melbourne but will undoubtably be soon moving on to arenas around the world.

So strap yourselves in and prepare for one hell of a hell of a ride

It's gonna be wild!

no videos but I did find them on reverbnation:

https://www.reverbnation.com/sk%C3%A4rlet

and facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/page/551893701623424?sk=app_2405167945

Pick up the said disc on weekend off Tommy. I really digging it. Alex sang in front another band called Pegazus., but left them to concentrate more with Skarlet.

This ones enroute and I am excited to get it. Thanks Gris for the find!

No problem! I think it's a good one too!

I'd like to get this CD too. Are you getting a CD? How are you getting it? I've been looking online and can't find it. I can just find mp3.

This ones enroute and I am excited to get it. Thanks Gris for the find!

No problem! I think it's a good one too!

I'd like to get this CD too. Are you getting a CD? How are you getting it? I've been looking online and can't find it. I can just find mp3.

Yes I am/it is. All I did was email the band via their FB. And no I don't have a FB just go to the about tab on the FB page and there you'll find the email address. That said here you go: skarletbandrock@gmail.com

Hope you are successful keep us posted as will I when mine arrives.

They have a very good sound, and it sounds very well produced. Very authentic late 80's / early 90's sound... but I'm not convinced by the actual song quality yet. Yeah, not sure on these guys... I want to love them but really not sure about these songs.

• 3 months later...

This was on my list somewhere too... probably well outside the 100 mark. It wasn't a bad album, but not memorable at all.

They have a very good sound, and it sounds very well produced. Very authentic late 80's / early 90's sound... but I'm not convinced by the actual song quality yet. Yeah, not sure on these guys... I want to love them but really not sure about these songs.

Agree with Geoff here....

Great sound, great production, great style... just lacking a bit with the songs. I found it to be very same-same from start to finish, with nothing sticking out, not enough variation. From memory, not even a ballad on the album.

In saying that though, still a great album. Just think with a bit of work on the songs it could become even better.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered this a few weeks ago. Does anyone know how long shipping typically takes from Australia to the US?

In the past anywhere from 7 days to 4 weeks.

Nowadays as Australia Post has gone to shit it takes a week to get anything within Australia, so I 'd be more at the 3-4week end of the spectrum.

Ordered this a few weeks ago. Does anyone know how long shipping typically takes from Australia to the US?

In the past anywhere from 7 days to 4 weeks.

Nowadays as Australia Post has gone to shit it takes a week to get anything within Australia, so I 'd be more at the 3-4week end of the spectrum.

Yeah. I agree. I live in Spain and it took around 4 weeks to get it to me.

I think on the bandcamp webpage there is a link to contact the band to ask anything if you have a problem.

https://skarletrock.bandcamp.com/album/sk-rlet