Steel Panther - Lower the Bar

All Nights Reserved

steel-panther-lower-the-bar-2017.jpg?x14

Steel Panther have announced that their new album will be released February 24 under the title of "Lower the Bar."

Additionally, the boys have also presented "She's Tight" as the record's lead single. We're looking at a cover of 1982 Cheap Trick tune, make sure to check out the video in the embedded player below.

The official press release reads: "'She's Tight' is Steel Panther's 'sexified' version of the Cheap Trick song and promises the skin that was left out of the 1982 hit.

"Cameos in the video include Cheap Trick's Robin Zander, Bobbie Brown, Paris Michael Jackson (the late singer's daughter) and Tony Palermo (Papa Roach)."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/new_steel_panther_album_announced_heres_lead_single_shes_tight_featuring_michael_jacksons_daughter.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9uXm0-tZ1g

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the album cover, lead off single is so-so.

Why lead off with a cover - just not necessary for this band.

I would bet my house that will be my least favourite track on the album

I don't hate it, but I don't listen to Steel Panther to listen to cover songs. Yeah, it's okay but entirely misses the point of Steel Panther and what appeals to their fans.

Funny vid. Good cover of a good song. I would guess this would be an attempt at more radio play. Certainly won't hear Glory Hole on the airwaves.

Not even a hint of a doubt that's what they seek.

not good but hopefully it's weakest

It just has to be, anxious to hear the first original song from this

That's When You Came In was already on their unplugged release and will feature on the new album again. Do you think it'll stay acoustic or will they give this a full power ballad makeover?

not good but hopefully it's weakest

It just has to be, anxious to hear the first original song from this

That's When You Came In was already on their unplugged release and will feature on the new album again. Do you think it'll stay acoustic or will they give this a full power ballad makeover?

That is great news, whatever they do with it. I absolutely love that tune... have it my head all the time.

I don't mind the cover at all. Jury's out on the album though...

What the fluck? You mean you've heard the full thing already? With a release date of Feb 24th 2017??

Dan, are you Jesus? But seriously, have you heard the full album?

My bad. What I meant was "The jury is out on what the rest of the album will be like". No, I've not heard anything else.

Haha, cool. I was all like, is this dude in their inner circle or something?

Personally, I believe the rest of the album will be awesome. As long as they keep doing what they do (which is not covers) I honestly don't think these guys can fail. Cannot wait for it.

My bad. What I meant was "The jury is out on what the rest of the album will be like". No, I've not heard anything else.

Personally, I believe the rest of the album will be awesome. As long as they keep doing what they do (which is not covers) I honestly don't think these guys can fail. Cannot wait for it.

You do know they started out as a covers band though, right? It's actually what's put them on the map. Granted, there haven't been any covers on their albums (and I wouldn't want that either) so this is a first and the covers they used to play (before they had an entire show's worth of original material) weren't Cheap Trick songs but rather classic 80s ''hair metal'' songs

Still think Balls Out is their strongest album so far. Basically every song could have been a single as far as I'm concerned. Also seeing them live again this Friday so looking forward to that

You do know they started out as a covers band though, right? It's actually what's put them on the map. Granted, there haven't been any covers on their albums (and I wouldn't want that either) so this is a first and the covers they used to play (before they had an entire show's worth of original material) weren't Cheap Trick songs but rather classic 80s ''hair metal'' songs

Still think Balls Out is their strongest album so far. Basically every song could have been a single as far as I'm concerned. Also seeing them live again this Friday so looking forward to that

Yeah, I know they were a cover band, but I dunno mate... not sure that's what put them on the map. I don't think they got a major label deal based on the quality of their cover songs. ;)

For the record, I like their version of 'I want it that way' and some of the other covers they've done... but only as a novelty. I'm only in it for their original stuff, as I suspect 100% of their fans are. :)