White Widdow - Silhouette

Stefan

Surrender My Heart really is one of the strongest (if not THE strongest) tracks on the album. That pre-chorus is pure (insert amazing word here). By the way, the blonde girl in the video is the singer's girlfriend, I kid you not

Surprising really given he looks like death warmed up ;)

I'm sure he's a great guy and all but still surprising. According to his Facebook for over a year now.

This is moving into UK tabloid territory here but interesting side note: she used to be Roxx Catalano's (of De La Cruz and Catalano fame) girlfriend

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surrender My Heart really is one of the strongest (if not THE strongest) tracks on the album. That pre-chorus is pure (insert amazing word here). By the way, the blonde girl in the video is the singer's girlfriend, I kid you not

Surprising really given he looks like death warmed up ;)

I'm sure he's a great guy and all but still surprising. According to his Facebook for over a year now.

This is moving into UK tabloid territory here but interesting side note: she used to be Roxx Catalano's (of De La Cruz and Catalano fame) girlfriend

I guess he dedicates every WW cd to his g/friend at time. Btw, what's happening in spotify where "Serenade" track is missing? I'd love to listen to this FM worship track, while I was booking my flight+ticket for FM gig in Athens on next March!

Been following Jules' careers over the years, the Deadthings to now. I can say he came along way.

A hell of a long way. Dude is a super determined and passionate individual who loves his craft. He deserves every single bit of success he's earned. And earned it, he has. I love seeing White Widdow flying high within the genre because I know they've worked hard to get there.

Not feeling the love at all for this one i'm afraid. It all just sounds really ''Sterile', by the numbers and dare i say a little bit dull. Non of the songs are bad, but I don't find any really sticking with me either. The mix is a bit off in places as well with the drums being way too loud, drowning out the bass and keys on some songs. It's far from being bad don't get me wrong, but as I said to Glen over in FB land and I have probably mentioned here before, I always hope with each subsequent album that they will be release 'the' killer album, but alas, they always fall short to my ears. Personally, I'll pass, but everyone else enjoy,

• My Little Pony

The mix is a bit off in places as well with the drums being way too loud, drowning out the bass and keys on some songs.

Aha! I knew I wasn't alone. I'm a drummer, so I notice it right away, but even my brother thought it sounded off. I remember Crossfire having a couple songs with the ride being mixed really hot. I don't know why they can't get a consistent mix.

this one's a keeper for sure but I think Serenade and Crossfire still edge it a bit, maybe as strong as the debut, but needs more time to spend with this.

Definitely worth the top 10 slot i guess

so far my faves are 'Surrender My Heart', 'Last Chance For Love', and 'Sleeping With The Enemy'

• 2 weeks later...

Great release but I still prefer Crossfire

s/t - 7/10

Serenade - 8/10

Crossfire - 9.25/10

Silhouette - 8/10

Jeezus wept. 7/10 for the debut is harsh. Even 8/10 for 'Serenade' is harsh. ;)

s/t - 7/10

Serenade - 8/10

Crossfire - 9.25/10

Silhouette - 8/10

Buddy, I've already uploaded in youtube 2 anthems from the 1st. Don't make me upload each one of them. :tumbsup:

s/t - 7/10

Serenade - 8/10

Crossfire - 9.25/10

Silhouette - 8/10

The debut had great solos, but the songs were generally just OK for me. Don't Fail Me Now, We've Got The Wings and One More Time are the standouts.

The middle part of Serenade is spectacular as is the closer.

Crossfire really has no filler and the choruses are a notch above, yet the solos are tamer.

On Silhouette the soloing is back and some of the choruses are awesome but the crunch is missing on many tracks.

The best of the four releases makes an amazing mix cd for my car.

While I like White Widdow, I don't like all of their material. Last week I made a CD for the car which contains 17 tracks from all their albums. Maybe I could remove 1 or 2 ''excess'' tracks but let me tell you this compilation CD kicks ass!! Every track is a killer and I can listen to it over and over

Their studio albums as a whole though...... for me there's some material which isn't up to par. I could listen to any of their studio albums as a whole and it would be entertaining once, but after the second or third spin I'd start skipping tracks. So their ''good'' songs I REALLY love but the others I could do without. I think the CD I made contains like 6 tracks from Crossfire, 2 from Silhouette, 5 from Serenade and 4 from the debut

Only 2 from Silhouette? Really. At least 5 killers on that.

Not for me sorry, I only put Surrender My Heart and Game of Love (wasn't too sure about that one but I kind of like the chorus so I stuck with it) on there. I had some other tracks I was considering as well like the opener ''Stranded'' or while I was listening to ''Damage Is Done'' I thought it could be good as well but I got tired of those songs too fast. Plus due to time restrictions I much prefered to include better songs from the other albums

Edit: not saying ''Damage Is Done'' is a killer track but it's okay and something I could have put on the CD. But like I said, this was meant as a CD for the car I can listen to without skipping, just the cream of the crop really and for me the track choice and order still works except for maybe one or two tracks I might remove for the next version of this CD, will see how I feel about them in a week or so

s/t - 7/10

Serenade - 8/10

Crossfire - 9.25/10

Silhouette - 8/10

The debut had great solos, but the songs were generally just OK for me. Don't Fail Me Now, We've Got The Wings and One More Time are the standouts.

The middle part of Serenade is spectacular as is the closer.

Crossfire really has no filler and the choruses are a notch above, yet the solos are tamer.

On Silhouette the soloing is back and some of the choruses are awesome but the crunch is missing on many tracks.

The best of the four releases makes an amazing mix cd for my car.

Here's some religious mysticism for ya :tumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Anyone have the Jap. bonus track?

Anyone have the Jap. bonus track?

No, what is it and please post immediately.

It's called 'Wild Child'.

Anyone!