Stefan

FM - Indiscreet 30

I'm enjoying this one. I guess I'd also have to agree the originals are still the best, but there's certainly nothing wrong with the new recordings. All sounds well in tact. The bonus tracks are good too. 'Let love be the leader' fits in especially perfect with this group of songs. 'Rainbow's end' and 'Shot in the dark' are a bit tame, but the rest is great. I know 'Let love be the leader' is an old song, but what is the vintage of the other bonus tracks?

Well Shot in the Dark was of that era - written by Overland but recorded by Ozzy of course.

It was actually originally written by Wildlife bassist Phil Soussan with lyrics later from the Overland Bros. if memory serves. Great song

Yeah! Killer song, actually my 2nd favorite from Ozzy, after secret loser.

Ha, according to cdjapan, the Japanese version is already sold out.

Time to get my 2nd ever rock candy cd. :rant:

So I got today the Frontiers version of it. Cheap crap as usual with only a one sheet booklet (a photo of the band from a gig) and that annoying sticker. I won't buy again anything with only their logo on it.

And those fakkers from cdjapan. They announced a couple of weeks ago that the Japanese version was sold out from the Japanese label and now they're selling it again. :rant:

Guest theczar

Indiscreet 30's enjoyable... if you view it as a companion piece to the original album.

Merv (FM bassist) himself concurred with me when I put that view to him for the Firework's interview that I did.

Personally I think that the 2 CD Rock Candy remaster (with a huge eighteen bonus tracks!) from 2012 is the one to have...

yeah i'm eyeing to hit the jap press, i think it's a recommended purchase

The new re-recording is awesome, still listen to this one plenty and Jap release is a must !