Pretty Boy Floyd - Public Enemies

Stefan

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

The honest answer is yes (because pretty much all of it was written at around the same time as the debut), and no (none of the songs on this are as catchy as anything on the debut, which is why they were not on that album I guess).

Overall it IS classic PBF, and a great release, but the fact they had to go back and re-record these old songs kinda shows you that Kristy could only ever write one great song (his writing credits on this one are a joke, and another example of him claiming other peoples work as his own).

Regardless of my feelings about Kristy and his business practices, I do love this album. One of my faves this year no doubt.

Saw a couple videos on youtube.. His voice sounds like their debut so that's enough to make ita decent album. Atleast IMO.

19 hours ago, AmMaLaYa said:

Saw a couple videos on youtube.. His voice sounds like their debut so that's enough to make ita decent album. Atleast IMO.

Steve has always sounded the same. Even on the Shameless and Penny Lane albums, you know its him straight away.

The fact that Kristy has actually started playing proper guitar again instead of copying the Ramones, is a bonus.

Steve definitely sounds the same, to the point where I actually wondered a few times if there were original vocal tracks taken from around the time of the debut. 

30 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Steve definitely sounds the same, to the point where I actually wondered a few times if there were original vocal tracks taken from around the time of the debut. 

Well the videos I saw were not from the 80's. They look old(er).  But as long as Steve has his voice I am in.