favourite song of 2016 (so far)

Glen

Sunstorm, in 2016? I've heard of missing albums, but how the f*ck did I miss that one? And did everyone else too? I haven't heard a word about that since that initial thread a lifetime ago. Must check it out asap.

don't bother....for me the only song which came close to former glories was Tangled in Blue.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunstorm, in 2016? I've heard of missing albums, but how the f*ck did I miss that one? And did everyone else too? I haven't heard a word about that since that initial thread a lifetime ago. Must check it out asap.

don't bother....for me the only song which came close to former glories was Tangled in Blue.

Agreed , it wasnt very good

Agreed , it wasnt very good

Compared to the other 3, yes not great. But it's not that bad. A few songs made my compilation mix on my ipod.

I had a think last night about my fav songs of 2016 - very difficult and many Defiant, Vega, Seven songs would sit in the 11-30 range, but these were my 10 picks - in no order

Ted Poley - You Won't See Me Cryin

This is cheating, according to Geoff! :D

first time I've heard it.................

You mean you don't have this:

TEDPOLEY_GT.JPG

No.

Wow, buddy! You can grab it here! It was just announced!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TED-POLEY-GREATEST-HITS-V1-GREATESTITS-2-CD-SET-SEALED-DANGER-DANGER-REISSUE-NEW-/132068703018

$30 for a best of album?!! Ha mate, you really are a jester. ;)

Buddy, this is Ted's account!

Okay, we can blame Stefan for my 13 track top 10 songs of 2016. ;) I was going to exclude the Thief Club songs as they have been doing the rounds for three years now and only just ended up on an "album" in 2017. But, apparently I haven't pushed them enough over the last few years, so I will include them where they rightfully belong, but I won't use them at the expense of legit 2017 releases.
Anyway, here are my top 10 (13) songs of the year:
1. Busted - Without It
2. Magic Dance - Still Haunting Me
3. FM-84 - Running In The Night
4. Thief Club - Knew Your Name
5. The Summer Set - Change Your Mind
6. Thief Club - Weight With You
7. Thief Club - Follow You
8. LeBrock - Dangerous dreams
9. Wigelius - These Tears I Cry
10. Foret De Vin - Carol
11. Palace - Part of Me
12. White Widdow - Last Chance for Love
13. Newdrive - One Last Time

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOGdU9AEz6o

12. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLWJfLLqBxY

13. N/A - sadly all that's available on youtube is this pretty shitty live clip which does not highlight how massive and beefy this song sounds on the record - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGkJ3UoHLQ

Agreed on 2 tracks, which is guite an accomplishment considering the odds of this! Did you try to include only one track per artist? Because I wouldn't mind putting 2 from Wigelius + Magic Dance.

• 2 weeks later...

I had 3 tracks from Thief Club. ;)

Buddy, now I've actually noticed your post about the FM-84 track. I was pointed to their release the last couple of days from a Greek buddy of mine. Today I've ordered a t-shirt from them. I didn't get their release because it was only released on digital format. Running In The Night is awesome with a great aging bouquet.