Legs Up - Like A Bomb

grissolm

Has anybody ever heard of this group? I was debating on whether to get this CD. I have never heard of them but the sound bites on the Demon Doll web page sounded good

Demon Doll Records and Metal Legacy Records have joined forces with lead vocalist Chris Childs in order to bring you the definitive LEGS UP collection. Built on 4 years of blood, sweat and tears, the band reined terror on the Sunset Strip to be remembered as one of Hollywood's elite!

The boulevard was their home and they walked the streets with a chip on their shoulders and cold blood in their veins delivering a sonic assault not duplicated by many.

Whether it was winning the coveted Bill Gazzari's "star" award for being one of the top drawing bands in Los Angeles or hitting the road to bring their ferocious attack to every state in the union, LEGS UP were armed and dangerous!

Their take no prisoners’ mentality led to one infectious song after another. "Like A Bomb: Bang, Bang", "Burn It Down" and "Take Me To The City” are prime examples of their in your face attitude and also a look into their sleazy sex driven minds.

Finally after more than 25 years, LEGS UP is represented the right way and in the spotlight they deserve. With a silver pressed (replicated CD), a full booklet with lyrics and bio as well remastered tracks from Lance V., the band is once again poised to win over even more fans than ever before.

If you love your Glam and Sleaze in the vein of W.A.S.P. - then you will not be disappointed!!

1. Like A Bomb: Bang, Bang

2. What I Want

3. Burn It Down

4. Shootin' Up The Town

5. Don't Walk Away

6. Wrong Side Of Town

7. Love Or Money

8. Take Me To The City

9. Let It Roll

10. Liar

11. Hell And High Water

12. Escape

13. Drinkin'

If you love your Glam and Sleaze in the vein of W.A.S.P. - then you will not be disappointed!!

That's a really good call, actually. I've had a collection of demos from these guys for a long time, and yeah, I'd compare them to WASP at Blackie Lawless' harshest and worst vocal peak. They play a very solid form of hard rock - ballsy stuff and generally pretty solid songs, but with really screechy / screaming vocals. If you like that style check them out, but be ready for some very rough vocals.

This is Sledgehammer Ledge

Reminds me of The Throbs mixed with Shark Island.

... and WASP.

Actually... are we listening to the same band???

Reminds me of The Throbs mixed with Shark Island.

... and WASP.

Actually... are we listening to the same band???

Just speaking of the sample above.

Just checked out the sample... definitely one of their cleaner vocal tracks. Still can't hear Shark Island in it, though. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...