Tempt - s/t

Stefan

Seen Tempt live a couple times... Really good sound. I've had them slated to play my annual "M-Pre Party" in Maryland for the last two years only to find out that school would prevent them from being able to play the show... Now that college is finished those pesky final exams shouldn't get in the way.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, this is supposed to come out on Friday but no word on the Rock Candy website and neither Amazon nor iTunes have any previews. Only thing I could find is the option to pre-order the CD on Amazon

You think the release date might get pushed back? I'm not familiar with Rock Candy's usual practice but seems to be very little to no advertising for this one

Go to the verse beginning at 1:05.

Shit, now I got it... RON TAYLOR.

This sounds EXACTLY like Lillian Axe. Actually, more like the STIFF-era vocals. Like "Number."

Dead-on!

Vocals remind me a bit of Jeff Keith

Just listened to some of the previews here: http://www.nehrecords.com/SHOP/TemptRunaway.htm

I actually like the singer but vocals sound kinda strained here. The mp3s might be low quality maybe it'll sound better on CD

This is the only place (so far) that has the album listed for sale in the US.

Spoke to Harrison and they won't have any for a week... Seems weird that 1 the band doesn't have any ahead of the release and 2 that Rock Candy still has no word on the band or this release on their site???

Love all the songs from the samples at NEH but their is a washroom sound to them. I do agree and hope that its my computer, headphones or just a low quality mp3 sample.

Mine arrived yesterday from Amazon.uk,pretty good to my ears although the first 3 tracks are the best,and they also happen to be newest tracks with the help of Jack Ponti & Harry Hess,the rest are good...just not as :)

The catalog number for this is CANDYMAN005. Does anyone know what 001 - 004 were?

CANDYMAN001: Enuff Z'nuff - Dissonance

CANDYMAN002: Little Caesar - Redemption

CANDYMAN003: Sweet Savage - Regeneration

CANDYMAN004: Stampede - A Sudden Impulse

It's Sunday night and I got nothing to do so I've started making my own version of this album without the tracks I mostly skip. Order isn't final yet but I think I have the songs I want on the CD:

Comin' On To You (of course!)

What Is Love

Aamina

Under My Skin

Runaway

Sapphire (still on the fence about this one)

The Fight

Time Won't Heal

Love Terminator

Fucked Up Beautiful

Dirty One

Almost done, track listing as follows now:

Comin On To You

Aamina

Under My Skin

Runaway

The Fight

What Is Love

Sapphire

Fucked Up Beautiful

Dirty One

Now I only have to decide whether I want Love Terminator or Time Won't Heal to close the album...... What do you guys prefer? Sure, having a ballad close the album is always good especially if a good rock song comes before it. But I also think it's cool to have a ballad be the penultimate song and then close with the good rock song

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hadn't paid much attention to this but recently bought it after liking a couple tunes I heard.....Not too bad.  They probably should've cut a few songs from the album to strengthen it but likely were just throwing a bunch of stuff out hoping something would stick.  There's potential here and good to see a younger band playing this style of music much like Station.

Too bad the band likes ''Under My Skin'' so much, I feel the album opener ''Comin' On To You'' would've been a much better choice to present to the world, great guitar work throughout. Also the video of them driving around in the car would've been much better with ''Comin' On To You'', would've made a very good video concept for the song. My 2 cents...

Like this cd,although the newer tracks they recorded at the start of the disc are better than the older tracks,they are definitely going in the right direction style wise for my ears.