Tempt - s/t

Stefan

12936545_963492327054234_832485844612542

Debut album out May 27th.

Album liner notes from Derek Oliver (Rock Candy Records):

“THOSE OF YOU who follow the world of Rock Candy would have noticed that we rarely issue material from new artists. Of course, like every label, we do get many hopefuls brandishing new music but, sad to say, the content is often not quite right for us. That we are pleased to report is not the case with New York based outfit Tempt. You may have seen them mentioned on various websites and in magazines over the last year – mainly praising a highly regarded self financed EP and a smattering of live shows. The EP showcased a young, but thoroughly contemporary, band playing a style of music that evoked memories of the great melodic hard rock bands of the past. It was a warming experience as the delivery, arrangements and attack suggested an allegiance to acts like Foofighters, Audioslave and Alterbridge, yet the musicianship and spirit bring to mind classic Van Halen, Aerosmith and Def Leppard. The band has gone on to craft a truly spellbinding debut album; one that confronts the listener with a blast of the present but suggests a comforting whiff of the past. Crucially, all the elements are in place, from great vocals (courtesy of Zach Allen), incredible guitar playing (by Harrison Marcello ) and brilliantly crafted songs with enough twists and turns to not only satisfy the musically inclined but also to appeal to folk who just wanna rock"

Tempt:

Zach Allen: Lead Vocals

Harrison Marcello: Guitars

Nicholas Burrows: Drums

Max McDonald: Bass

www.temptband.com

FB

Tracks:

1. Comin' On To You
2. Under My Skin
3. Paralyzed
4.Use It Or Lose It
5. Run Away
6. Aamina
7. Sapphire
8. The Fight
9. What Is Love
10. Time Won't Heal
11. Love Terminator
12. F*cked Up Beautiful
13. Neuro Child
14 Dirty One
15. Aamina MW Mix

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, that song is fantastic!!! Absolutely love that one. I immediately want to hear this album above all other scheduled releases for 2016.

On a side note, awesome video. I was deadset creepily obsessed with Pamela Anderson back in the day and seeing that reminds me why. I remember the opening clips well from the 'Baywatch' days. Much have spilled about 15 litres of sper- uh. Milk. Were we talking about milk? I like it on my Corn Flakes, thanks.

Go here and by the EP immediately: http://www.temptband.com/

And read my review here: http://sleazeroxx.com/reviews/tempt-under-my-skin/

How does the EP track list compares to the full length disc to be released? Are all the songs on the EP on the full length?

Hmm it's a decent song but I'm probably not as enthused by it as most others here. It's a fairly basic song. Will check out the album though. Interesting that Rock Candy is putting this out, I can't off the top of my head think of any other non-reissues from them.

Hmm it's a decent song but I'm probably not as enthused by it as most others here. It's a fairly basic song. Will check out the album though. Interesting that Rock Candy is putting this out, I can't off the top of my head think of any other non-reissues from them.

Euff Znuff Dissonance...

Euff Znuff Dissonance...

Wasn't that one a reissue as well?

Released independently (by the band?) in 2008, in Japan 2009 and then Rock Candy in 2010.

Euff Znuff Dissonance...

Released independently (by the band?) in 2008, in Japan 2009 and then Rock Candy in 2010.

Yeah try again Matt ?

Go here and by the EP immediately: http://www.temptband.com/

And read my review here: http://sleazeroxx.com/reviews/tempt-under-my-skin/

How does the EP track list compares to the full length disc to be released? Are all the songs on the EP on the full length?

Yes the four tunes on the EP are showing in the LP track list. However not unlike the Station EP I would assume different mixes at a minimum? The bassist and drummer are different as well from the EP to now.

They released the rather good 'A Sudden Impulse' by Stampede a few years back.Good to see them doing the occasional album that isn't a reissue .

Euff Znuff Dissonance...

Yeah try again Matt

Well, first time on a record label outside Japan. We'll give him that...poor Matty boy.

I really liked ''TIme Won't Heal'' off their EP except for the chorus. But the verses are really nice including the pre-chorus and beautifully sung. This is why I believe this album could be good, they're a young band but I think it'll sound a little more mature than your ''average'' rock band that only wants to party

Hi All:

It's wonderful to find an active community like this. I saw that you were discussing the upcoming album release by TEMPT on Rock Candy. I had the pleasure of working on this record and thought I would add some info to the thread.

Tempt started when Zach Allen was working with Jack Ponti. Jack saw some youtube videos of Harrison and put the two together. They wrote the record and recorded it when they were both 18. The record was recorded with Sterling Campbell on drums and Jack Daley on bass. Sterling was David Bowie's drummer since the Black Tie White Noise record. He played with Duran Duran, Soul Asylum and is currently the drummer for the B-52s. Jack Daley is best known as being the bass player in Lenny Kravitz band. The basic tracks were cut in two days at Guilford Sound in VT. The record was mixed by Michael Wagner and by Mario McNulty (David Bowie).

The band as listed on the EP and on the Album are the members of the live band. The current lineup is also currently recording the bands second album.

Some interesting info on the band members. Harrison's godfather's are Billy Squier and the late Jeff Golub and his Mom played and recorded with Fiona on her Squeeze album. Nick Burrows' father is the drummer in the Canadian band The Tea Party. Max McDonald's father is a founding member of King Crimson, Foreigner and played the sax solo on Bang a Gong. Live the band is mixed by the legendary Nite Bob or Bob Held.

• 1 month later...