Project Aegis - Angel In The Ashes

Stefan

a0097385986_10.jpg

The more you spin it the better it gets.

Press release:

Ulterium Records is proud to announce the release of "Angel In the Ashes," an all-star charity track for sale with 100% of the income going to feed homeless and refugee families in Greece. The song is being released under the banner Project Aegis, and was composed by Theocracy songwriter and vocalist Matt Smith.

"Angel In the Ashes" features vocals by Rob Rock (Solo, Impellitteri), Daísa Munhoz (Vandroya, Soulspell), Vasilis Georgiou (Sunburst, Black Fate), Leah McHenry (LEAH) and Smith, as well as a guitar solo by Gus Drax (Sunburst, Black Fate). The artwork was created by Markus Sigfridsson (Darkwater, Harmony).

"I've been wanting to do another charity single since we had such a great experience the first time around," says Smith. "The challenge was finding the time and the appropriate cause, as well as putting together a lineup worthy of the caliber of talent we had on the last song. I think we did it!"

"The song is about someone who decides to take that first step to help a person in a dark or dangerous situation. I was talking to some friends of mine who live in Greece, and every weekend they help feed the huge number of poor, homeless and refugee families in that area. It's a massive need, and the dollar you spend on this song can make a huge difference in providing a hot meal or a blanket for someone. It's a very worthy cause, and everyone involved in the track freely gave their time and talent to make this happen. We hope you enjoy it!"

• My Little Pony

Saw this on FaceTubes earlier, and have it saved to listen to later. I saw Matt Smith wrote it, and Rob Rock is on it, so it should be great.

• My Little Pony

Oh, snap! That's Leah McHenry. I grew up with that girl. Went to the same church and school. The funny thing is: my mum ran into her at a memorial service a couple weeks ago, and found out she's in this band simply called "Leah." And I guess the impression my mum got was that it's a Celtic band. So I'm over at my folk's, and my mum is searching FaceTubes for her songs. One starts playing, and I'm like, "This isn't Celtic. I mean, there are Celtic influences, but this is straight up Folk Metal." And then I sat there listening to Metal with my mum. She probably would have never bothered if she didn't know the girl.

That's my story. Ha!

The song is awesome, by the way. So glad Rob Rock is still at it. I'd love another album from him.