2016 ratings (so far)

PeterS

haha well yeah but I spun Armageddonize probably more than 5-6 times and Nordic is around 3 times so maybe the score will swing later after few months but I guess both is pretty equal.

Have no clue at all about To Wither and Holy Grail, are they prog/power metal band ?

You've only listened to Nordic Union three times? And Armageddonize only twice as much? What??

This.

Really dude??

You listened to Armageddonize like 5 times or do you mean a lot more than 5 times? I hope so......

This is what i just dont get about this board sometimes. I know there are guys on here listening to music all year long and only hearing albums like a couple of times. Makes no sense to me....and these are albums being rated above 85%.

So much weak stuff about - weed it out and just listen to the good stuff :)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha well yeah but I spun Armageddonize probably more than 5-6 times and Nordic is around 3 times so maybe the score will swing later after few months but I guess both is pretty equal.

Have no clue at all about To Wither and Holy Grail, are they prog/power metal band ?

Holy Grail is a Us band which sounds to me like old N. Rites/old Swedish metal generally with a guitar virtuoso like Dofka and a shouter on vox. Some killer arpeggios and songs + mediocre ones. Actually is an old band.

To Wither is a nice Norwegian proggish doom with mighty leads like Solstice(Uk). Kinda esoteric (for lack of better word) and moody. I don't think you'll dig it.

• My Little Pony

You've only listened to Nordic Union three times? And Armageddonize only twice as much? What??
This.

Really dude??

You listened to Armageddonize like 5 times or do you mean a lot more than 5 times? I hope so......

This is what i just dont get about this board sometimes. I know there are guys on here listening to music all year long and only hearing albums like a couple of times. Makes no sense to me....and these are albums being rated above 85%.

Yeah, I mean, when I get a new album I usually listen to it three times in the first day.

This.

Really dude??

yes probably around 5 or 6, I'm not the type of person that like to spin one album forever until it bores me out and move on to another one because I also like to rotate my playing list with those old albums from the 80-90s to keep it fresh and don't forget that I also listen to other genre like thrash, prog, heavy metal occasionally, not to mention that some of my time were occupied listening to the new releases each month :D

Got around 2000 CDs at home and planning to downsize it slowly to around 1400-1500 and try to keep all of them above 80% but that's still an ongoing project so yeah for me not one single album will get played too frequent in a year :D

This.

Really dude??

yes probably around 5 or 6, I'm not the type of person that like to spin one album forever until it bores me out and move on to another one because I also like to rotate my playing list with those old albums from the 80-90s to keep it fresh and don't forget that I also listen to other genre like thrash, prog, heavy metal occasionally, not to mention that some of my time were occupied listening to the new releases each month :D

Got around 2000 CDs at home and planning to downsize it slowly to around 1400-1500 and try to keep all of them above 80% but that's still an ongoing project so yeah for me not one single album will get played too frequent in a year :D

FWD a list, buddy. :tumbsup:

Accidentally saved over my 2016 ratings file today, and my back-up copy. Amazing. I guess that's what happens when you do shit like that after dozing for the previous 20mins on the train. Fucking idiot. Oh well, back to the start for me in 2016. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well.... here's how it stands to today:

My 2016 Ratings

Nordic Union        92%
Treat               89%
Catalano            87%
The Defiants        86%
Wigelius            84%
Shakra              82%
Danger Zone         81%
Human Zoo           80%
Primal Fear         80%
Theander Expression 79%
Dynazty             79%
Hell In The Club    78%
Loaded Gun          77%
Captain Black Beard 76%
Anthrax             75%
Megadeth            75%
Black Rain          74%
The Treatment       73%
Jaded Heart         72%
Shiraz Lane         71%
Last In Line        70%
The Last Vegas      68%
Me And The Rest     66%
Soto                65%
Reckless Love       65%
Inglorious          60%

Your missing Rick Springfield although u prob hate it lol.

Its better than all those below your top 5....most of which are bog average (except Reckless - thats better than 65% imo)

Well.... here's how it stands to today:

My 2016 Ratings

Nordic Union        92%
Treat               89%
Catalano            87%
The Defiants        86%
Wigelius            84%
Shakra              82%
Danger Zone         81%
Human Zoo           80%
Primal Fear         80%
Theander Expression 79%
Dynazty             79%
Hell In The Club    78%
Loaded Gun          77%
Captain Black Beard 76%
Anthrax             75%
Megadeth            75%
The Treatment       73%
Black Rain          74%
Jaded Heart         72%
Shiraz Lane         71%
Last In Line        70%
The Last Vegas      68%
Me And The Rest     66%
Soto                65%
Reckless Love       65%
Inglorious          60%

No time for Bonfire? :lol:

What's Loaded Gun?

Huge score for Nordic Union.

But anyway, I'd agree with your top 5... but I'd have them in a very different order.

No Cheap Trick either. It's not bad.

Cheap Trick is right up there with the best so far this year, without a doubt

Its better than all those below your top 5....most of which are bog average (except Reckless - thats better than 65% imo)

I'd really have to disagree with that. On one hand, I do agree that most those albums are bog average, except Human Zoo and Reckless Love... but in saying that, the Springfield one is worse than bog average - for the most part it's annoying fucked up country shit. I do like some of the songs, but for me the country twang is way, way too overwhelming. I really like RS, but imo this is by far his worst album. I don't understand the country shit and why he suddenly had to include it after all these years. I really despise that shit.

Anyway, a few good exemptions (far better than Rick Springfield) are;

Grand Slam
Chris Antblad
New Device
Killswitch Engage
C.O.P. UK
Simple Plan

I like the Springfield album......there are a couple in the middle which go a bit too country but most of it is just nice stuff with a country influence....much like Darkhorse which I also really like.

Not really a big fan of Human Zoo - none of their albums crack 75% for me........like a second rate Gotthard (Steve Lee era that is ;)).

I'd really have to disagree with that. On one hand, I do agree that most those albums are bog average, except Human Zoo and Reckless Love... but in saying that, the Springfield one is worse than bog average - for the most part it's annoying fucked up country shit. I do like some of the songs, but for me the country twang is way, way too overwhelming. I really like RS, but imo this is by far his worst album. I don't understand the country shit and why he suddenly had to include it after all these years. I really despise that shit.

Grand Slam
Chris Antblad
New Device
Killswitch Engage
C.O.P. UK
Simple Plan

Liking that COP UK?

Grand Slam
Chris Antblad
New Device
Killswitch Engage
C.O.P. UK
Simple Plan

Liking that COP UK?

Liking... but not loving. It's pretty solid.

• 1 month later...

Here we are on the cusp of the half-way point of 2016.

My list of albums that are getting the most play up to this point, in alphabetical order:

The Defiants - ST

Dion Bayman - Don't Look Down

First Signal - One Step Over the Line

Kissin Dynamite - Generation Goodbye

Manimal - Trapped in the Shadows

Nordic Union - ST

Orden Ogan - The Book of Ogan

Rage of Angels - The Devil's New Tricks

Rob Moratti - Transcendent

Shiraz Lane - For Crying Out Loud

Treat - Ghost of Graceland

My favorite for this 2016 so far:

1. Catalano - Dark Skies - Excellant 80's CD

2. Hell in the Club - Shadow of a Monster - Really enjoying this one

3. Megadeth - Dystopia - Best CD since Youthanasia

4. Hellyeah - Undeniable - CD rocks. great mixture of Pantera & Mudvayne

5. Scorpion Child - Acid Roulette - Enjoying this throwback from the 70's

6. Death Angel - The Evil Divide - one of the best thrash CD's of the year and one their best

7. Texas Hippie Coalition - Dark Side of Black - Really good southern metal

8. Anthrax - For All Kings - Great CD from Anthrax

9. Zakk Wylde - Book Of Shadows II - really good kick-back CD. Almost as good as the first.

10. Legs Up - Like a Bomb (1990) - Really like this one from1990

Of course this will all change if Testament releases their new CD this year... :guitar:

• 3 weeks later...

It's still Wigelius by a country mile.

Really? I like the album and need to re-visit most of the albums from the first half of 2016, but I reckon it might have slipped out of my top 5.