Dan Reed Network - Fight Another Day

Stefan

Is there even any other band out there, apart from Jamiroquai?

Is it even a band, or just some incredibly ungifted shitbag with a bunch of samples and noises and fake music? I seriously don't know. he is one of the worst artists I have ever heard in my entire life, but I don't know what he/they is/are. Apart from terrible.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Just booked tickets for the UK cd release party/gig in June.

Very excited :)

Hopefully they do a show in Seattle. I'd love to see them.

• My Little Pony

Just booked tickets for the UK cd release party/gig in June.

Very excited :)

Hopefully they do a show in Seattle. I'd love to see them.

They played Seattle just prior to Christmas. Did you miss that one?

Yup. I'm never in the know.

Press release:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is excited to announce the release date of DAN REED NETWORK’s hotly anticipated new album, “Fight Another Day” on June 3rd.

“Fight Another Day” marks the return of one of the most infectious and gifted bands to come out in the Melodic Rock World in the second part of the 80’s. The new album was recorded primarily in the home town of members of DRN, Portland, Oregon, while most of the writing process took place in Dan Reed's private studio in Prague in the Czech Republic, where Reed currently resides with his family. Demos were sent back and forth between Derek Shulman (A&R for Frontiers), Brion James, Melvin Brannon Jr. and Rob Daiker, making notes and refining the songs over great distances via the internet. This process was not unlike with DRN composed songs back in the late 80's and early 90's as Dan Reed used to demo out songs on his Akai 12 track machine and bring the songs into rehearsals where the band members would then arrange and flesh out the band’s classic 'funk rock' sound.

After the tracking was completed, band’s keyboardist Rob Daiker went to work editing and mixing each track alongside Shulman and Reed, sending mixes back and forth, making notes and shaping and moulding the album to best represent what DRN sounds like currently, while paying respect to what brought the band to the world's attention back in the late 80's.

“I thought it would be a great experiment and interesting challenge to revisit what endeared the band to so many back in the day and deliver a rock record with funk and soul elements, strong melodies, but this time around incorporate even edgier lyrics while not losing sight that this release needed to be uplifting, infectious, and most of all, powerful when performed live,” says Dan Reed. “The title 'Fight Another Day' represents the fact that after 25 years we were able to gravitate back to the passion we discovered playing together all those years ago, and battle once more!“

The band looks forward to the world's response to this new labor of love, and this testament to the bonds of friendship and musical chemistry! Worlwide touring over the next twelve months will support the album release.

Dan Reed Network is:
* Dan Reed - Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitars, Piano, Synth Programming, Moog Bass
* Brion James - Vocals, Lead and Rhythm Guitars, Synth Guitars, Synth Programming, Drum Programming
* Dan Pred - Drums, Percussion, Videographer
* Melvin Brannon II - Vocals, Bass, Acoustic Bass, Electric Contra Bass, Synth Bass
* Rob Daiker - Vocals, Keyboards, Synth Programming, Drum Programming

danreednetworkfightcd.jpg

Tracklisting:

Divided

The Brave

Infected

Champion

Ignition

Give It Love

B There With U

Save The World

Eye Of The Storm

Reunite

Heaven

Sharp Turn

Stand Tall

That has really whetted my appetite.'Champion' especially sounds like it could be a killer tune.

Yes I want to hear more, but I am scared as the first 3 full lengths and of course the Breathless indie are farking brilliant from first note to last fade out. I want to like this one very much, I really hope they do "funk it up" and that this release is "Stronger Than Steel".

My only worry is that Reed and Daiker, who are both about ten steps left of even Bernie Sanders, will allow their political and ideological viewpoints to dominate the theme of this new album.

I get enough political B.S. on every single news channel each and every evening, I certainly don't need my stereo telling me who I should vote for and why. Daiker, especially, is capable of writing some really dark shit. That's fine for solo projects... not a DRN release.

I don't need all butterflies and cotton candy, but if I feel like listening to something dark, dreary and suicidal I'll throw-on a Nirvana album. Absolutely hoping for the best here as I've followed these guys since 1987.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all over this one like flies on a rib-roast.

Daiker is in full Generator-mode with those keys. This track could have EASILY been included on that 1997 release. Those of you in-the-know understand of what I speak.

Nice start to a long awaited and passed-due album from The Network!

Agreed. They all sound very good. Can not wait for more.

• 2 weeks later...

Not my favorite track.

Musically it's nice, but this one doesn't have me shifting into 5th. gear and dropping the pedal to the floor like "Ritual" still does some 27+ years later.

I doubt there there will be anything on here like ritual.

It will be a more laid back classy affair but still DRN

Great stuff!

I'm genuinely glad this is working so well for y'all. I don't dislike the song at all, but jeez I'd be lying if I said I believed it was anything to be exited about. It's competent.

Great stuff!

I'm genuinely glad this is working so well for y'all. I don't dislike the song at all, but jeez I'd be lying if I said I believed it was anything to be exited about. It's competent.

dreamy, chilled, atmospheric, great lyrics, beautiful little hook, stunning guitar, great production.

Works for me.