Tearjerkers

• My Little Pony

"'Til the End of My Days" by Fear Not

I remember you mentioning this earlier. About you and your wife driving in silence once this song comes on. There must be a story there, because, while it's a great song, I just don't get the feels from it.

Funky......that wouldn't have been me. I don't think my wife has ever heard this song, and there would be no reason for her or I to sit in silence as it played. It has meaning to me, though.... :-)

Oh, maybe it was another "J." You guys all look the same to me.

Maybe it was Clutch referring to "Last Train" in the Ballad thread in the Christian Music section of the message board.

• Favorite Band:Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy,Kiss
  • Favorite CD:Band of Gypsys

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

Geoff, on Sep 23 2008, 09:00 PM, said:snapback.png

Clutch, on Sep 24 2008, 08:19 AM, said:snapback.png

I dig "Last Train"- Holy Solider. Great band all the way around in my book.

Stunning track.

I was in the car listening to it the other night and it shut me and my wife up. We just listened. Or at least I think she shut up. Anyway, all I heard was "Last train".

There a a few songs that get to me these days. To be honest I cannot think of what they are just now, but whenever I hear them they take me back to some dark days when my son was in hospital. The daily commute to and from the hospital always meant some song would come on that had some sort of poignant meaning that always rears its head when it comes on again.

My wife also cannot listen to the pearl jam song 'last kiss' as a group of her closest friends were involved in an incident similar to that described in the song... A bunch of kids walking home from a party and got mowed down by a drunk driver who swerved off the road, resulting in the death of one of her friends

• My Little Pony

<p>

Maybe it was Clutch referring to "Last Train" in the Ballad thread in the Christian Music section of the message board.

Stunning track.

I was in the car listening to it the other night and it shut me and my wife up. We just listened. Or at least I think she shut up. Anyway, all I heard was "Last train".
Haha. I was way off.

<p>

Stunning track.

Haha. I was way off.

lol, I actually remember that post. It is a great song. Holy Soldier were a class above so many other christian bands... maybe because they didn't feel the need to have Jesus' penis in the side of their mouths in every single song they ever sung. Great band and a great song.

Fish: A Gentleman's Excuse Me

Marillion: White Russian

Pearl Jam: Black

... I'm such a softy!

Fish: A Gentleman's Excuse Me

yes....I was thinking no ballad really brings a tear to my eye, but you are spot on.

One of the most heartfelt ballads I have heard.

Blue Oyster Cult - Live For Me. About a guy's brother dying in the hospital after a collision with a drunk driver. The voices of kids playing towards the end are, like one person commented, "spellbinding."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xShQklx_9E8

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've just noticed some John Farnham albums on the main site. He's a bit a legend down under and rightly so. In 1990 he was joined by Tom Jones on a popular Australian variety show for an impromptu performance. I've never forgotten it.https://youtu.be/JoXCOR-doWI

Angel-Feelings

Led Zeppelin- Thank You

Black Sabbath-Changes

Starz-Third Times The Charm

Marillion-Sugar Mice

Autograph-Changing Hands

LA Guns-Ballad Of Jayne

Gary Moore-Empty Rooms

Concrete Blonde-Tomorrow Wendy

Honeymoon Suite-Take My Hand

These does it for me:

Hedegaard Feat. Lukas Graham - Happy Home

Andy Burrows - Hometown

Stage Dolls - Ammunition

Shadow King - Russia

The Ark - Have you ever heard a Song

Stage Dolls-Ammunition forgot about this one really pulls on the old heart strings.

King's X-Goldilox

Rush-Tears

I'm coming all the time back to this great topic!

Before nuclear blast destroys them...Great orchestration, this actually belongs and to the topic with the covers.

But, I even love this version also...

Still remember the first I've seen them live in early 25 years ago...

I remember spinning this demotape from Texan metallers to a buddy and, while listening to it, he asked me if somebody has just killed singer's mother. Let along the riff before the mighty solo... I only wished the outro was just a half a minute or an hour longer

Occasionally these brings some tingle to my lacrimal glands

I would never admit it brings a tear to my eye but

Johnny Van Zant - Brickyard Road

can make you stop and think

Don't know that one, but it's a nice tune.

I would never admit it brings a tear to my eye but

Johnny Van Zant - Brickyard Road

can make you stop and think

Don't know that one, but it's a nice tune.

The whole album is great

Never really cried on these songs but probably these are the closest things, will add more later haha

BON JOVI - It's Hard Letting You Go

CASANOVA - Heaven Can Wait

DEWA 19 - Cinta Kan Membawamu Kembali (Love Will Bring You Back)

this one is Indonesian song (check it out, it's a beautiful piece)

EDGUY - Another Time

GNR - This I Love

STEELHEART - Mama Don't You Cry

X JAPAN - Tears

Buddy, that X -Japan is killa! Usually I'm way too emo with them. If only had a better singer though. Sometimes Art Of Life also tickles my lacrimal glands.

Tears unlimited, especially the 2nd.

The regular tearjerkers back in the age of pretty chicks and old GSXR/NINJA/FZR models...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9oodlO63gE

• 2023 Gold Donors

An instrumental track thought of as a tearjerker?

It's all about context.

I remember reading in the liner notes of "The sky is crying", that Stevie Ray's brother Jimmy always teared up when he heard this track.

At certain points throughout the song you can actually hear the hum of

his amplifier. Jimmy said that if he closed his eyes he could imagine his brother was in the room with him.

Touching stuff.

BTW i love this song.

It's been done many times, but my favorite versions are the original, of course, this and the Skid Row version which absolutely kicks ass!

Never really cried on these songs but probably these are the closest things, will add more later haha

BON JOVI - It's Hard Letting You Go

CASANOVA - Heaven Can Wait

DEWA 19 - Cinta Kan Membawamu Kembali (Love Will Bring You Back)

this one is Indonesian song (check it out, it's a beautiful piece)

EDGUY - Another Time

GNR - This I Love

STEELHEART - Mama Don't You Cry

X JAPAN - Tears

Nice choices, mate. I'm a gigantic fan of that Bon Jovi song too, and agree it's arguably their most emotive. Although it was a big hit single, I also really, really love 'Lie to me' - that one tugs at the heart string too.

Casanova - I don't get the same as you get from that one, I must admit. Not with 'Love lies' and 'Seal it with a kiss' to compete with. Those two hit the spot far more for me, personally.

What album is that Edguy song from? I don't know it, but it seems quite nice.

Yeah, I agree that is actually a pretty great GN'R song.

That Steelheart song always got to me too. One I could have posted in this thread myself.

Never heard that X Japan song and I can't get past the foreign vocals, but I will say, the chorus is very nice. Dude has a good voice when he's singing in English. The pianist in the clip is an annoying drama queen, but it'd be a nice song if it was all in English.

Musically the Indo song was nice, but can't get into it at all in a language I don't know. And is the production that awful, or is it just an old low quality clip?

The pianist is who also doubles up the vocalist in X Japan.

The Edguy boys are very funny bunch, done an in-store at shop I help out. Boss bought a slab, shock horror the boys didn't drink a single can. The workers or slaves were happy.