Regarding performances on 'Raintown' on her solo album from last year:

Issa > Steve Overland

Regarding performances in general

every female vocalist you can name > ISSA

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Poley's post D2 career has been severely hindered by a lot of poor production jobs on some otherwise good albums. And that would have been my only concern going into this one... I know everything else will be good. But anyway, sounds like production should be good on this one so I'm expecting it to be his best album outside of D2 so far, seriously. I like the song lots.

• 3 weeks later...

Blonz's version is actually quite a bit better.

This song is just so 1990 there's really no way to polish it up and repackage it for a 2016 re-release.

That's four minutes of disc-time that could have been better spent elsewhere. Heck, a re-recording of "Feels Like Love" would have been more appropriate in my opinion.

This song is just so 1990 there's really no way to polish it up and repackage it for a 2016 re-release.

That's four minutes of disc-time that could have been better spent elsewhere. Heck, a re-recording of "Feels Like Love" would have been more appropriate in my opinion.

According to Ted, Blonz covered it.

Was a JLT tune??

Was a JLT tune??

Yes, spoke with Ted this morning and that is what he told me. JLT is his idol and has wanted to record this well before Blonz did.

Was a JLT tune??

Yes, spoke with Ted this morning and that is what he told me. JLT is his idol and has wanted to record this well before Blonz did.

So, he wanted to record this one when Def Leppard was still on the Hysteria Tour then? What's 26 years among friends?

Yeah, that's a massive way off the Blonz version. Not even close, in all honesty.

Agree, the Blonz version pisses all over this, waste of time IMO.

That Blonz album was pretty killer truth be told. Love it.

Yeah, that's a massive way off the Blonz version. Not even close, in all honesty.

Really? I love 'Miracles,' 'Hands Of Love,' 'Trouble Child' and 'What's On Your Mind' but aside from that, not really into much of the rest. Very weak second half. Those 4 songs are genuine gems... but yeah, not a complete album for me, personally.

Really? I love 'Miracles,' 'Hands Of Love,' 'Trouble Child' and 'What's On Your Mind' but aside from that, not really into much of the rest. Very weak second half. Those 4 songs are genuine gems... but yeah, not a complete album for me, personally.

Oh come on, you must love 'Last Call For Alcohol'?? Killer song.

I just found this very cool clip on youtube;

Yeah, sure it's a pretty cool song... but very typical kinds of 80's standard hard rock song. But yeah, probably next on the list...