Gathering Of Kings - First Mission

Stefan

Oh no....

Bild-2016-02-27-kl.-14.14.54.jpg

It is with great pleasure that we can announce our twelfth king. As one of the singers, guitarists and songwriters, please welcome Mr. Erik Mårtensson!

Erik Martensson is most known as vocalist in Swedish Hard Rock band ECLIPSE and as guitarist in W.E.T. with Jeff Scott Soto on vocals. He is also famous as producer, mixing engineer, musician and songwriter working for bands and artists like Ronnie Atkins (Pretty Maids, Nordic Union), Giant, Jimi Jamison, Doug Aldrich, Primal Fear, Seventh Wonder, Ammunition, Unleashed and many, many more.

Gathering Of Kings can best be described as a swedish AOR/Melodic Rock Phenomena-type-project. The yet untitled debut album will be produced, mixed and mastered by Thomas ”Plec” Johansson (Watain, Onslaught, Scar Symmetry, Solution. 45, The Night Flight Orchestra).

Gathering Of Kings have now confirmed the following artists:

VOCALS:
* Björn Strid (Soilwork, The Night Flight Orchestra)
* Tobias Jansson (Saffire, Evil Masquerade)
* Rick Altzi (Masterplan, At Vance, Herman Frank)
* Apollo Papathanasio (Spiritual Beggars, Firewind, Evil Masquerade)
* Erik Mårtensson (Eclipse, W.E.T, Nordic Union)

GUITARS:
* Victor Olsson (Saffire)
* Chris Laney (Randy Piper’s Animal, Shotgun)
* Stefan Helleblad (Within Temptation, Jono)

BASS:
* Nalle Påhlsson (Therion, Treat, Last Autumn’s Dream)

KEYBOARDS:
* Richard Larsson (The Night Flight Orchestra)

DRUMS:
* Robban Bäck (Mustasch, Eclipse, Sabaton, W.E.T)
* Jonas Källsbäck (The Night Flight Orchestra, Mean Streak)

More members will be announced soon!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO reading this thread....

I hadn't heard about it (or paid any attention to it) before seeing the news that Erik Martensson would be involved...

This is just crazy. I suppose it could be good but mostly I think it's feel like some compilation CD if they actually have different guys singing lead on various tracks.

Sounds like a very poor idea to me.

Well, they finally landed someone we might all recognise

Post corrected.

He had it right first time.

:lol: That's only because half the band is your beloved Night Flight Orchestra, isn't it? The majority of music fans have no idea who those guys are. ;)

Actually the singer is very well known cos hes from Soilwork.

In any case my point is Erik is a king in my opinion.

Oh, the guy from Spoilwork! You should have told me. I absolutely love their... uh... that time they did that... uh... oh, when they recorded that... uh... who?!

Seriously, if Soilwork us meant to be a well known band I must have missed that memo. Didn't they only record two pointless nu-metal albums about 10 years ago that probably faded into oblivion as soon as they were recorded?

All jokes aside, for the audience I believe they're trying to cater two, the only two names in that list that I have any time at all for are Chris Laney and Eric Martensson. I don't know the other dudes from a bar of soap. I know there's the new bass player for Treat which is cool, but he's hardly an established name in the genre at all.

Oh, the guy from Spoilwork! You should have told me. I absolutely love their... uh... that time they did that... uh... oh, when they recorded that... uh... who?!

Seriously, if Soilwork us meant to be a well known band I must have missed that memo. Didn't they only record two pointless nu-metal albums about 10 years ago that probably faded into oblivion as soon as they were recorded?

All jokes aside, for the audience I believe they're trying to cater two, the only two names in that list that I have any time at all for are Chris Laney and Eric Martensson. I don't know the other dudes from a bar of soap. I know there's the new bass player for Treat which is cool, but he's hardly an established name in the genre at all.

I think we are arguing cross purposes here mate - i thought in your post you were implying Martensson wasnt a king - capiche.

I dont know any of the others dudes either.

I think we are arguing cross purposes here mate - i thought in your post you were implying Martensson wasnt a king - capiche.

lol, yeah, fair enough. Same page, then. Well, I'm not about to sit here and call Martensson a king, but he is a very good musician.

lol, yeah, fair enough. Same page, then. Well, I'm not about to sit here and call Martensson a king, but he is a very good musician.

I am.

Hes written sung played on produced 7 or 8 of my favourite releases in the last 5 years or so.

• My Little Pony

Classic. Your previous comment made me want to watch this again. I don't think I give this one enough credit, because I always talk about The Life of Brian.

12799412_249514935392477_679601309131865

MARTIN SWEET JOINS NEW MELODIC ROCK PROJECT GATHERING OF KINGS

It is with great pleasure that we can announce our thirteenth king. As one of the guitarists and songwriters, please welcome Mr. Martin Sweet!

Martin Sweet is the lead guitarist of Swedens glam metal leaders CRASHDÏET, with 4 albums and 2 grammy nominations behind them, the band has been spreading their decadent sleaze rock around the globe since 2003.

Martin has produced and co written with acts such as SISTER and GEMINI FIVE, as well as Mick Mars from MÖTLEY CRÜE.

As of Januari 2016 he is the bass player of Swedish punk metal act Sister.

Gathering Of Kings can best be described as a swedish AOR/Melodic Rock Phenomena-type-project. The yet untitled debut album will be produced, mixed and mastered by Thomas ”Plec” Johansson (Watain, Onslaught, Scar Symmetry, Solution. 45, The Night Flight Orchestra).

Gathering Of Kings have now confirmed the following artists:

VOCALS:
* Björn Strid (Soilwork, The Night Flight Orchestra)
* Tobias Jansson (Saffire, Evil Masquerade)
* Rick Altzi (Masterplan, At Vance, Herman Frank)
* Apollo Papathanasio (Spiritual Beggars, Firewind, Evil Masquerade)
* Erik Mårtensson (Eclipse, W.E.T, Nordic Union)

GUITARS:
* Victor Olsson (Saffire)
* Chris Laney (Randy Piper’s Animal, Shotgun)
* Stefan Helleblad (Within Temptation, Jono)
* Martin Sweet (Crashdïet, Sister)

BASS:
* Nalle Påhlsson (Therion, Treat, Last Autumn’s Dream)

KEYBOARDS:
* Richard Larsson (The Night Flight Orchestra)

DRUMS:
* Robban Bäck (Mustasch, Eclipse, Sabaton, W.E.T)
* Jonas Källsbäck (The Night Flight Orchestra, Mean Streak)