#1 underrated sunset strip sleaze/glam band

Shane

What about ZOOM!? :D Rivers Cuomo's band back then. He's better off in Weezer.

I think it was in The Dirt or something, Nikki or somebody talking about how they would see Rivers and the rest of the ZOOM guys hanging on the Sunset Strip in just shorts and roller skates. Haha! Or that may have been in Butch Walker's book.

I wish I could find Shrinky Dinx music (Mark McGrath's hair metal band pre-Sugar Ray) - that would be a really interesting find

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the cd of Lit performing as Razzle in their hair metal days. Cool tunes similar to Warrant and Trixter.

Would love to hear that...

I have the cd of Lit performing as Razzle in their hair metal days. Cool tunes similar to Warrant and Trixter.

Not my link, but I did nab it. Haven't given it a go yet however so can't comment on the quality...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qllr1qy98950k1v/RAZZLE-New-Vibe-Revolution.zip

10360243_10206239037429890_9175612395862

Not my link, but I did nab it. Haven't given it a go yet however so can't comment on the quality...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qllr1qy98950k1v/RAZZLE-New-Vibe-Revolution.zip

10360243_10206239037429890_9175612395862

Awesome! Thank you very much, mate. :)

Yeah I checked it out, it's actually pretty good. It's cool hearing Lit play glam metal, haha. That's why I'm so interested to hear Sugar Ray play hair metal also, always cool to hear where bands started out. Apparently after that they changed their name to Stain, and then (luckily) changed their name to Lit.

This is much better than ZOOM :D

What about ZOOM!? :D Rivers Cuomo's band back then. He's better off in Weezer.

I think it was in The Dirt or something, Nikki or somebody talking about how they would see Rivers and the rest of the ZOOM guys hanging on the Sunset Strip in just shorts and roller skates. Haha! Or that may have been in Butch Walker's book.

I wish I could find Shrinky Dinx music (Mark McGrath's hair metal band pre-Sugar Ray) - that would be a really interesting find

Here is a track from Shrinky Dinx.

I've actually seen that. I'm pretty sure that was right before they got signed and changed their name to Sugar Ray. This was actually Sugar Ray's very early sound and is featured on their "Lemonade and Brownies" CD. From what I've heard though, they had changed their sound to this more 90s hard rock style to appeal more to labels at that point ("Caboose" point, I mean), so I'd love to find some recordings of them before this when they were hair metal.

No idea if any recordings actually exist. I actually tweeted to Mark about Shrinky Dinx and he replied laughing about it, saying they were featured on the cover of some magazine back then. But still haven't heard anything about early recordings :D

• 4 weeks later...

Dangerous Toys are the 1 underrated sunset sleaze/glam band in history of rock n roll!

Weren't they from Texas or something like that (and quite average... just sayin')?

Do you know & like this band? Dangerous Toys are alright I guess with their music. By the way the singer kinda sounds like Axl from Guns N Roses!

Dangerous Toys are the 1 underrated sunset sleaze/glam band in history of rock n roll!

Weren't they from Texas or something like that (and quite average... just sayin')?

• 3 weeks later...