SOTO - Divak

Stefan

Holy christ, I was hoping to stay awake for about 15 more minutes. That almost sent me to sleep immediately. Man, that is just absolute shit; all of them. Even 'Undone' is still so bland I want to leave the room. Who would bother actually listening to this?

...looks like Glen and I will, even if that lessens our taste in your eyes.

Oh, phuk me. I sincerely hope that's not genuine concern. ;}

Well I definitely care about who likes this album or not, so it should be a concern. I'm going to keep tabs on who likes it or not because it's very important to me.

Karpet, do you realise that every time you make your hurtful comments that you are religious? Has anyone let you know how stupid that decision is? ;)

Geoff, let's fight the karpetass! :)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy christ, I was hoping to stay awake for about 15 more minutes. That almost sent me to sleep immediately. Man, that is just absolute shit; all of them. Even 'Undone' is still so bland I want to leave the room. Who would bother actually listening to this?

...looks like Glen and I will, even if that lessens our taste in your eyes.

Oh, phuk me. I sincerely hope that's not genuine concern. ;}

Well I definitely care about who likes this album or not, so it should be a concern. I'm going to keep tabs on who likes it or not because it's very important to me.

Karpet, do you realise that every time you make your hurtful comments that you are religious? Has anyone let you know how stupid that decision is? ;)

Geoff, let's fight the karpetass! :)

I'd love to, but I fear it'd be like fighting a paper bag full of wet tissues.

• My Little Pony

Could HH send him a msg on behalf of all the members to end this and point him in the right direction?

I would sign it.

Glen, on 01 Feb 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

Wow mate we at polar opposites I have to say.

This is a killer metal album from start to finish - soto sounds great, it retains enough melody throughout while kicking your butt to Kingdom Come. I love it.

Yeah im sure every dude on here is gonna pour over 'when im older' as its standard JSS type anthem....but theres so much more here for me.

I doubt there will be a better metal album this year....Tremonti has got his work cut out now.

Also I have to say the production is 100% kick your arse....those drums and bass wow.

AND:

2nd spin this afternoon. Killer album.

AND THIS:

Another weird statement if you would compare this to Trapt lol. Youre serious aren't u.

I just dont get the hate.

Something like Karmas Kiss is maybe like Trapt but that is the worst song....most of the rest is miles better.

I was surprised in the cd booklet as well - hes used a ton of guitarists on this - it shows too - pretty varied throughout in terms of style etc

AND AND AND:

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

I dont care what anyone thinks, this is a killer album.

Just listened to this full blast in the car. Wowser. Trance nearly killed me...that is one heavy mofo song.

And the production..100%. Top drawer.

Jeez, okay mate. We get it. You're obsessed with Soto and he's the only artist on the planet right now... zomfg, he's amazing.

But you do know he's shit now and there are other musicians recording music? Try something else, for once.

This is a killer metal album from start to finish - soto sounds great, it retains enough melody throughout while kicking your butt to Kingdom Come. I love it.

Yeah im sure every dude on here is gonna pour over 'when im older' as its standard JSS type anthem....but theres so much more here for me.

I doubt there will be a better metal album this year....Tremonti has got his work cut out now.

Also I have to say the production is 100% kick your arse....those drums and bass wow.

AND:

AND THIS:

Another weird statement if you would compare this to Trapt lol. Youre serious aren't u.

Something like Karmas Kiss is maybe like Trapt but that is the worst song....most of the rest is miles better.

I was surprised in the cd booklet as well - hes used a ton of guitarists on this - it shows too - pretty varied throughout in terms of style etc

AND AND AND:

Just listened to this full blast in the car. Wowser. Trance nearly killed me...that is one heavy mofo song.

Jeez, okay mate. We get it. You're obsessed with Soto and he's the only artist on the planet right now... zomfg, he's amazing.

But you do know he's shit now and there are other musicians recording music? Try something else, for once.

The ballad was good - you should take a listen

• My Little Pony

AND:

AND THIS:

AND AND AND:

Ha! ;}

AND:

AND THIS:

AND AND AND:

Ha! ;}

Yeah. Try Jamiroquai. :whistle:

• My Little Pony

AND:

AND THIS:

AND AND AND:

Ha! ;}

Ha! ;}

AND:

AND THIS:

AND AND AND:

Ha! ;}

Ha! ;}

Like crack instead of heroin?

• My Little Pony

AND:

AND THIS:

AND AND AND:

Ha! ;}

Ha! ;}

Like crack instead of heroin?

I always take crack over heroin.

So I'm listening to the songs off this album and enjoying them.

Like I said, never a big JSS fan - always thought his music was a bit mundane.

To me this album stands out as something better.

Will appeal to fans of bands like Saliva, and also Weight Of The World time Harem Scarem

AND:

AND THIS:

AND AND AND:

In all seriousness, the ballad is by far the best track on the album. Oh, what a coincidence. That lines up exactly with what I said in the other thread... that any single time the ballad is the best song on an album you know the album you're dealing with is a wretched pile of shit... which happens to be the case here. Story ends well for everyone.

I was taking the piss mate.

My piss taking point being is that in most cases you prefer the ballad whereas others like the rockers like Company of Wolves.

Anyway onwards and upwards

I was taking the piss mate.

My piss taking point being is that in most cases you prefer the ballad whereas others like the rockers like Company of Wolves.

Anyway onwards and upwards

But the ballad is the best song on this album.

And although I don't consider 'The distance' a ballad (it's a mid-tempo song, which actually are legitimately always my favourite songs on albums) it is by so far the best song on that Company Of Wolves album. If you want to flex your muscles in the mirror and convince yourself that one of those two-bit shitty pub rock songs is better than that one, go ahead. You're real tough and manly and I won't arm wrestle you because you have big muscles.

I just like great songs, and it's never once bothered me if it's a ballad or a rocker. It's obviously a big deal to you and exposes an insecurity of yours... but don't worry. If I ever meet your wife or kids I'll swear to them you only like rock songs and not ballads. And I'll praise your considerably large muscles too.

Again, I ask you to pick one of my favourite albums and see where the ballad stacks up on it. Like I said before, and in this post, if the ballad is the best song, it just means you're dealing with a shit album. Pretty basic point.

Ok i choose Take it to the limit.

I bet you like the ballads best whereas most others would choose the rockers

.....and go.

I await your reply

Ok i choose Take it to the limit.

I bet you like the ballads best whereas most others would choose the rockers

.....and go.

I await your reply

Hinder? Jeez you made me have to use google for that one.

Not rated that yet but off the top of my head my favourite 5 songs (in order) would probably be (and if you're desperate I'm sure you can reference old threads to verify this);

1. Heaven sent

2. Loaded and alone

3. Thing for you

4. Lost in the sun

5. Last kiss goodbye

Like I said, haven't rated it to cross-reference 100% favourite songs, but I'd basically put my balls on the line that those would be the 5. I'll give you the hot tip, though - choosing an album with 5/11 songs being ballads goes no way at all to proving your point. Yes, 2 of my favourite 5 songs are ballads. zomfg, that is very dramatic. Out of curiosity, hit me with your 5 favourite songs from it. ;)

I just love reading you bite ;)

Really mate im only winding you up.....but you do love a ballad :)

I love your top 2 too - they would be my favs.

Peace out.

PS how have you not rated Hinder when you are up to 'u' ??

You've never noticed there hasn't been one single modern band in my playlists? Many moons ago I sorted all my modern CDs separate to my other stuff, and that's how I'm rating it. I'll rate the Zwarte albums and then the next day I'll be lined up with the 3 Doors Down discography. :(

And for the record, I have never once suggested I don't like a good ballad. So, seems like a pretty redundant point to me. ;)

Interesting comments from JSS basically saying he would have been worried if melodic rock fans liked his new album as he would basically have failed to reach his target audience -

"That was PRECISELY my point, if everyone on here, like/got/accepted it, it wouldn't be the right album I feel I made because I know what the majority like/discuss on this board. Believe me, I read all the time, most of it is great fodder BECAUSE of the opinion.

And I made it clear that it wasn't a negative comment that I am going the right the direction if you didn't like it but as I am trying to spread my wings (always), I realize you can't please all of them all of the time.

That being said, its the 1st album I have ever released thats charted in any capacity, I am proud of this alone despite the fact that it is in a different genre than melodic rock....remember, I started my career as a Metal singer :)

Thanks all, no harm done, I absolutely appreciate the feedback and welcome all thoughts and comments, my original stepping in was more cheeky than anything...just so you know, I lulled myself to sleep last night on the tour bus listening to Paradise Theater from Styx :)"

Not understand why people need to spread their wings to modern hard rock as it's not a very lucrative business I guess.

I can accept if he sway to pop or country, at least the market is huge, and if not, better stick to his real roots which is heavy metal, and not this painful music :(