Best of 2015 lists posted!

heavyharmonies

• My Little Pony

Here ya go Dan:

http://youtu.be/-YZytCf6hMQ

Really strong disc!

So is that the whole album then? It is produced over the top like the Berzerk record from Tigertailz but way to fluffy for these ears. I heard a sax solo in there too. I wish that epic Station album had a proper two bags of money backing it production like that.

Wigelius produced it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Care of Night? Simple: Couldn't find samples to listen to in order to decide if I wanted to shell out the bucks to buy it. I'm not about to purchase blind. That gets expensive in a big fat hurry.

Perhaps you should search your own site ;-)

At least 8 full tracks were posted in that thread.

There was also a full showcase on melrock and its on Spotify which is free.

Go check it out its a great album.

They are excellent live too.

Cheers

It wasn't on Spotify at the time it was being discussed here. I know, because I looked for it on Spotify; it may have been added later.

At the end of the day, we're not all going to hear all of the albums released each year. So if your favorite/essential disc didn't make someone's top 5 list, it's not the end of the world.

It wasnt in my top 5 and i couldnt care less if it wasnt in yours either.

I just noticed that you guys had obviously not heard it and offered a recommendation and means to hear it. That is all.

Your loss if you dont track it down.

Cheers

Interesting lists, there are a few i need to check out. I listened to most of Care of Night on Spotify but didn't think much to it. In fact i've not really heard anything strong in 2015

Care of Night? Simple: Couldn't find samples to listen to in order to decide if I wanted to shell out the bucks to buy it. I'm not about to purchase blind. That gets expensive in a big fat hurry.

Cheers

It wasn't on Spotify at the time it was being discussed here. I know, because I looked for it on Spotify; it may have been added later.

At the end of the day, we're not all going to hear all of the albums released each year. So if your favorite/essential disc didn't make someone's top 5 list, it's not the end of the world.

I just noticed that you guys had obviously not heard it and offered a recommendation and means to hear it. That is all.

Cheers

Like I said in my post, I couldn't give a ballsack if it's in a 'also ran,' 'honourable mention' or in a top 5 list... that's the listener's choice. Don't care where it ends up on other people's lists, but to not even bother listening to it is like (within our sexy little genre) skipping something like 'Slippery when wet' in 1986.

And yes Karpetnostrils, I did take about 40mins to make my post as I was typing and cross-referencing the lists as I read through them. I do sexy things like that because I'm dangerous.

Cheers

Cheers

Like I said in my post, I couldn't give a ballsack if it's in a 'also ran,' 'honourable mention' or in a top 5 list... that's the listener's choice. Don't care where it ends up on other people's lists, but to not even bother listening to it is like (within our sexy little genre) skipping something like 'Slippery when wet' in 1986.

And yes Karpetnostrils, I did take about 40mins to make my post as I was typing and cross-referencing the lists as I read through them. I do sexy things like that because I'm dangerous.

Slippery When Wet ??

Mate now you're being a bit silly.

Its a very good melodic rock disc - made my honourable listing - but let's keep it sensible here ;-)

Cheers

Cheers

Slippery When Wet ??

Mate now you're being a bit silly.

Its a very good melodic rock disc - made my honourable listing - but let's keep it sensible here ;-)

Not comparing the two discs musically or sales-wise or anything, but just saying that within our genre, to scale, 'Connected' is without doubt one of the most significant releases of the year. If you don't like the 'Slippery when wet' reference, try 'Mechanical Resonance' or 'Look what the cat dragged in' or 'Indescreet.' Whatever the comparison, I wouldn't go through 1986 and overlook one of the most significant releases, just as I wouldn't in 2015.

Interesting read as always.

2 things stick out -

1. Only one mention of 'Care of Night'.........did this fly under people's radar ?

2. Jez is about the only person who actually likes that 'Cats in Space' album ;-)

Homework required. ;) Cats In Space - Dan's Number 4 if i recall correctly, Rock Report - 21st out of 100 in their end of year chart and generally very positive reviews just about everywhere else if you care to read a few on the net. A lot of people did notice it and liked it

Lol. Rock reports 21st album means one person voted for it....was it you ;-)

I'll amend my verdict.

3 people like it - you, Dan and Rob Evans.

:-)

You need to do some more home work ....Try reading the reviews including Powerplay magazine, Classic Rock, Fireworks, Melodic.net, also the excellent radio play on BBC Radio 2, Planet Rock etc..and all the others that bought it (and sold out the first pressing in less than 2 weeks with the 2nd pressing going the same way very shortly).You get the point...obviously that makes only 3 of us that like it...i'll say no more ;)

You do realise that winks mean im winding you up ;-)

Yes I do...Try doing it like this ;) rather than this ;-) ;);) ;)

The lite version of this site on my phone

I use the lite version, too. Don't know what you're on about. ;)

Well on my lite version i have no option to add emoticons - just quote and reply

• My Little Pony

The lite version of this site on my phone

I use the lite version, too. Don't know what you're on about. ;)
Well on my lite version i have no option to add emoticons - just quote and reply

But what Jez and I are saying is simply drop the dash in your smiley, so it's just a semicolon and bracket.

Holy shit, Glen. You are so 1996 it's ridiculous. Have you heard about this new game they just released last week? It's called 'Street Fighter 2.' You might not be able to play it yet unless you have one of those super new Sega Megadrives, though. You creep. ;)

Nothing wrong with 1996 - except for the shitty music of course ;)

LOL - I get why you would say that tho - my phone ones actually look cool on Android, but they look f ridiculous now I've logged on at work...........

I wish that epic Station album had a proper two bags of money backing it production like that.

Hell yes on the Station... such potential, but sounds unfinished...

Apparently I need to give a more proper listen to that Cats in Space release.

As far as 2015 in general I can't decide if it was a really strong year which caused me to have such trouble picking between honorables and best ofs, or whether nothing really stood out enough. I am definitely enjoying a lot of the 2015 releases so I'm leaning towards a "glass half full" viewpoint... :-P

I wish that epic Station album had a proper two bags of money backing it production like that.

Hell yes on the Station... such potential, but sounds unfinished...

Apparently I need to give a more proper listen to that Cats in Space release.

Cats in Space, or Care of Night?