Bang Tango - Attack of life , The Bang Tango Movie

PeterS

I would very much like to see this one... big investment of time, though. Will try to do it, though. Not really a fan of the band, but interested in this anyway.

Thanks for posting. I've been waiting for this to come out forever. Seems like a lot of time and effort to release for free. Watched it through already. Very enjoyable. Slightly vanilla though. I expected more debauchery I suppose. Not sure why they attempt to distance themselves from the 80s hair industry claiming they were so much different from that scene. Not to these ears/eyes.

Thanks for posting. I've been waiting for this to come out forever. Seems like a lot of time and effort to release for free. Watched it through already. Very enjoyable. Slightly vanilla though. I expected more debauchery I suppose. Not sure why they attempt to distance themselves from the 80s hair industry claiming they were so much different from that scene. Not to these ears/eyes.

I actually ended up getting through the majority of this last night and just finishing the last few mins tonight. I really enjoy stuff like this. I would love to see one for every single band of the genre, and would watch each and every one of them.

Anyway, I agree with your comment about trying to separate themselves from the 80's scene (not so much just the band themselves, but everyone else too). The bands that can't just own what they were/are just annoy me. If every single one of them distance themselves from the scene, who actually were the bands that made up the scene, if they all wash their hands of it?

That said, though, the other 4 guys in the band come across as really down to earth... especially Mark Knight and Kyle Kyle. I feel like Leste is probably the only reason that original line-up wouldn't get together again, but who knows? It's all a pretty sad situation, but a very interesting viewing.

A couple of things that came out of it for me is that I don't think I have ever heard 'Love after death,' and it did sound like their best work. I also thought Kyle Kyle's recent project sounded pretty cool too. I forget the name, but something I'd like to check out.

Anyway, really cool and I'd recommend it to anyone. They are all very depressing stories, though.

• My Little Pony

They are all very depressing stories, though.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure this isn't the last thing I watch, before going to bed, then.

I have both incarnations of Love After Death...and it IS their best album. It's definitely my favorite! I, too, would watch every single one of these based on the bands of our era. I'm about three quarters of the way through, so far. Thanks, Peter for posting this!

Heard the 'Love after death' album today. Definitely has a cool heavy sound and probably is their most complete album, but I'd need to hear it more. It's a shame it wasn't released properly because I feel like it would have fared well as a release in 1994 compared to what else was released in the hard rock genre from the dying 80's bands.

It must be completely soul crushing for these bands to write and record what they consider to be the best album of their careers, including having it produced by none other than Howard Benson (!!)... to have all that support from the label during the writing and recording stages, only to have them turn around drop the band and never release the album. Bang Tango were obviously not the only band this happened to, and it must just destroy these guys. Very harsh...

Pretty decent documentary on the band. I agree with whats already been said about Leste. Pretty cool to see some of the footage later in the movie was from Dakota Rock Fest which a few of us from HH attended

The thing that bothered me most about Leste is when he can't answer seemingly simple questions. It's a trait that really irritates me about certain people, and he is obviously one of them.

Off the top of my head the interviewer at one point asks him a simple question about Beautiful Creatures, which is says he can't answer. And then he is asked why he brings back the name Bang Tango with no other original members in it and he declines to answer. Just answer the questions. What could possibly make him so precious that those simple questions can't be answered.

That was a fine lil documentary. I enjoyed the interviews with the fans and replacement members most of all.

I think the interviewer gave Leste the idea to "You don't have to answer if you don't want too". And that bit where the fan sang the songs for Leste and the band was filler players so there weren't any Bang Tango members playing a Bang Tango show was funny. I would like to hear more of that Eating Crow stuff. A nice blend of The Cure and The Cult.

And Leste obviously suffers from LSD...

• 5 weeks later...

Watched this doc on YouTube this AM... cool little flick, never followed the B.T. saga much post-Dancing on Coals so even tho a lot of the info in it was probably old hat to diehard fans, I learned quite a bit...for example, I was not even aware that the original lineup recorded a third album (Love After Death) ... listening to that album now on YouTube and damn, it's killin' it!! Too bad it appears to be one of those CDs that fetches stoooopid $$ :(

...and yeah, Joe LeSte' appears to be quite the crispy critter...