Baltimore Rocks -- Blast From The Past

AlphaMale

Apparantely, the band RUMBLE STREET had a 5-song demo. Reviewed inside of Rox magazine

Rumble Street

Rumble Street

With the current glut of L.A. glam/biker rock clones in the market, Rumble Street are an easily forgotten band. The band member do display promise, but their creative direction won't do much to move them into the spotlight. . .or my cassette deck.

Their five-song demo begins with "Open Road," a mid-tempo, basic progression grunge ballad. I felt like I was walking in molasses waiting for this open road to lead somewhere. It never did.

The next cut is "Go All The Way," (Careful, the titles are out of order on the J-cover!), which opens with a cool tom tom pattern then breaks into something too L.A. Guns-ish. The convincing erotic moans did get under my skin, though.

"Rumble Street," the third track, is a grinding city sleaze tune. This one is furious urban noise that made me see steam rising off the asphalt and pushers on the corner.

Next up, "Heat Of The City" has all the basic components of a good hard rock song, but wasn't nearly as fresh or convincing as "Rumble Street."

Last, but not least, "Need Your Love" as an interesting combination of Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" and the Gunners' "My Michelle." This cut best displays vocalist Mark Savage's ability to hit those banshee wails, and is, ironically, about the most original piece on the demo.

All told, this demo does have its merits. The songs have a street feel and the recording is fairly tight. But the main problem here is that Rumble Street's sound is too common, and in the city of a thousand bands, you need a lot more than a so-so demo to keep from getting buried under the pile.

rumble2.jpg

Wow....this is an amazing topic/thread!!! As I've been collecting demos of unsigned bands for over 25 years this is an amazing list of ones that I need to look into. I have a few of the ones featured in this thread....but, damn....there are a TON I don't have or have ever heard of!!! Thank you so much for posting these!! And, if you happen to own any of these.....I would always entertain paying for them.

So what ones do you have that I have posted? Very interested in hearing them if I don't already have them.

Wow....this is an amazing topic/thread!!! As I've been collecting demos of unsigned bands for over 25 years this is an amazing list of ones that I need to look into. I have a few of the ones featured in this thread....but, damn....there are a TON I don't have or have ever heard of!!! Thank you so much for posting these!! And, if you happen to own any of these.....I would always entertain paying for them.

So what ones do you have that I have posted? Very interested in hearing them if I don't already have them.

Sinclair, Riff Raff, Lethal Lipstick, Quade, Skin & Bones, Vaudeville, Peking Opera, Sly Boots, Kage...and some others....

Great news!!

https://www.facebook.com/michael.skinsacos/media_set?set=a.10205109089038550.1073741835.1583739566&type=3&comment_id=10205109290923597&notif_t=like

ROGUES CHOIR reunites after 20 years and jams.

Rogues Choir 2016

Updated 2 hours ago

No, Hell did not freeze over. This really happened. This weekend a huge event took place. The Superbowl? Nope. Rogues Choir together jamming on tunes after a 20 year break. Yeah!

Got a few more responses since I posted these to Facebook.

Hard Knox is NOT either of the bands listed here on HH. They were based in Baltimore and had a 3-song demo. See above for 2 of those songs live.

I also heard from members of EZ-Axtion who will hook we up with some original demos.

Got a few more responses since I posted these to Facebook.

Hard Knox is NOT either of the bands listed here on HH. They were based in Baltimore and had a 3-song demo. See above for 2 of those songs live.

I also heard from members of EZ-Axtion who will hook we up with some original demos.

Awesome news......EZ-Axtion looks really cool....looking forward to hooking up to those original demos.....u r the best..pm me later...rock on. :git::beerbang:

Mercyry Rising is one of my all time favorite demotapes. When they got signed, though, they became DT clones and I didn't like their cds. Their demo tape was recently released on cd, if I recall right. I didn't buy it though.

Rude Awakening is also one of the bands I like some of their songs. I have 2 from their demotapes and also a tee, which I got from them during the snail mail dails. I'm really happy because I could still fit in. 2 from their power "ballads" are among my all time favorites.