Rick Springfield - Rocket Science

Stefan

springfield-rick.jpg

New album out February 19th (Frontiers Records)

12243495_10153836112406812_7508455261609

Tracklisting:

1. Light This Party Up
2. Down
3. That One
4. The Best Damn Thing
5. Miss Mayhem
6. Pay It Forward
7. Found
8. Crowded Solitude
9. Let Me In
10. All Hands on Deck
11. We Connect
12. (I Wish I Had A) Concrete Heart
13. Earth to Angel

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rocken91

Love 80's Springfield when he led with his guitar, before leading with synths and drum machines. People forget that Rick can really rock live. Songs like "I've done everything for you," "Jesse's girl," "Kristina," "Love is alright tonight" "Love somebody" are the side of Rick I miss. This new CD seems to be getting back to this side of his music. People also forget how old Rick is; he is 66 years old. He doesn't look it or sound it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Rick Springfield and Sammy Hagar should get together and make an album of party rockin' anthems.

The song is very basic, but hard not to like.

It's a little catchy....but does nothing for me.

Well I'm a fair RS fan. For me he peaked with Rock Of Life.

I kind of drifted away after that.

May have to check out recent albums if they've been on the heavier side.

The posted track here I really like.

Press release from Frontiers Music:

Grammy® winner, actor, best selling author Rick Springfield to release 18th studio album on Frontiers Music srl on February 19, 2016
First single, “Light This Party Up”, out now

Rick Springfield is bringing new music to his fans with a brand new studio album, Rocket Science. Springfield’s 18th studio album will be released globally on Frontiers Music Srl on February 19th. Yesterday, December 9th, USA Today hosted the world premiere of the first song from the album, “Light This Party Up”. The song can be enjoyed here:

The album is available for pre-order now via Amazon.com (CD & MP3) here: http://radi.al/RickSpringfieldAmazonand Apple Music/iTunes here: http://radi.al/RickSpringfieldiTunes All MP3 pre-orders include an instant download of “Light This Party Up”.

With 25 million records sold, Rick Springfield has withstood the test of time far better than most critics would ever have imagined, performing nearly 100 concerts around the world every year. He has written and performed some of the best-crafted power pop anthems of the past 40 years, including 17 U.S. top 40 hits; among them, “Don’t Talk to Strangers”, “An Affair of the Heart”, “I've Done Everything for You”, “Love Somebody”, and “Human Touch”, as well as the 1981 Grammy® Best Male Rock Vocal winning No. 1 single, “Jessie’s Girl”. Springfield has even more to say on his latest release, Rocket Science.

The new album features classic Springfield compositions like the crowd pumping “Light This Party Up”, the sensitive ballad “Let Me In”, the anthemic “All Hands On Deck,” and the blues infused rocker “Miss Mayhem”, on which he collaborated with indie artist Tad Kubler of the band The Hold Steady. Rick also wrote “Down” —in the middle of an ice storm on a stranded tour bus—with Rascal Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus.

Springfield says “Rocket Science is my 18th studio album. It swears a bit and doesn’t respect authority, but it does look after its invalid mother. It has some of the country elements I love, but as much as I understand we should all be sucking up to Nashville, it's still a wide ranging pop/rock record. I hope you dig it!”

Frontiers Music Srl President Serafino Perugino states “Rocket Science is the fourth album that Frontiers is releasing with Rick Springfield, the first one that also involves the US territory. It’s always been a pleasure to be at Rick’s service, he’s a true musical legend and his albums are always top notch. Rocket Science is no exception, and once again this will be a true delight for all his fans, myself included!”

Rocket Science is a pop/country blend fused with Springfield’s signature songwriting and performance style, and features much of Springfield’s touring band joined by some guest players. The album was mixed by veteran Justin Niebank, who gave the project it’s tight feel. Other featured players include iconic guitarist and longtime Springfield collaborator Tim Pierce, plus songwriting partner and album co-producer, Elton John bass player Matt Bissonette.

In addition to collaborating and starring in the Dave Grohl documentary “Sound City” and penning two New York Times best selling books, Springfield played opposite Academy Award® winner Meryl Streep in Jonathan Demme’s “Ricki & The Flash”, plus a multi episode arc in the HBO series “True Detective”. He also appears opposite Orange Is The New Black’s Pablo Schreiber and actress Sosie Bacon in the forthcoming film, “Traces”.

Pre-orders for Rocket Science are available now on Apple Music/iTunes and Amazon.com. Those who pre-order the MP3 version of “Rocket Science’” will instantly receive the first single, “Light This Party Up”, with additional tracks made available in the forthcoming weeks prior to release. As an added feature, digital versions of the album will feature a bonus track, “Beautiful Inside”.

• 4 weeks later...

I like that song too.

It's a pretty generic song, but it makes me wonder why other bands are so mediocre these days.

A song like "Down" can be heavied up, thrashed out or altered in many otehr ways for a completely different, but still good song.
I guess real talent plays a part in being able to write the basis of songs like this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Even with this massive Country vibe, Andrew still gave this one a 100% review over at MR.com. I'm sure it's good, but with the prices of cds and shipping, I'll most likely pass on it and play it online.

This 100% review doesn't get me too excited, it seems pretty much all releases from Rick Springfield, Mr.Big, Journey, Toto and Eclipse get between 98% and 100% on MR.com...me thinks Andrew is a fanboy.

Even with this massive Country vibe, Andrew still gave this one a 100% review over at MR.com. I'm sure it's good, but with the prices of cds and shipping, I'll most likely pass on it and play it online.

This 100% review doesn't get me too excited, it seems pretty much all releases from Rick Springfield, Mr.Big, Journey, Toto and Eclipse get between 98% and 100% on MR.com...me thinks Andrew is a fanboy.

I guessed the score before I even looked....i was correct ;)

I guessed the score before I even looked....i was correct ;)

Geez, Springfield could lay down 24 tracks of kazoo with farts and belches in place of vocals, and Andrew would slap a 100% rating on it.