MRFAU

melodicrock

stupid distances in your country ;)

Firefest/Rockingham is half way across the country from me but I can still drive there in 3 hours for £20.

Yeah, state hopping is not really an overnight/weekend kind of thing here... not at all. In a world before kids I would have relished the opportunity to pack the surfboard in the car and make a short roadtrip out of this opportunity. Not a fan of Melbourne at all, but I love the coastline all the way down there and it would have been good fun to slowly head down there, enjoy the gig, and slowly head home. Ah, another time and place, hey. ;)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS. 4 out of the 5 original guys for BB Steal!!

BB Steal are playing in Sydney a few days before anyway..

Rozelle? WTF? That area is such a c*nt of a place to get to unless you drive. You know how much tickets are?

Yep, I tried, but maybe next time; if the location gets changed to Sydney. ;)

1) Sorry Geoff, but Sydney is a horrible city for melodic/hard rock gigs. No draw at all.

2) Once this is done, I'm done. Too much work/stress for not enough return.

Yeah Sydney sucks for music :)

• 3 weeks later...

the problem with Oz is that if you are outside Melbourne the costs just seems astronomical to travel / stay over. A shame for all involved - fans and organiser.

At least in the UK - with Rockingham for example - I venue is 150 miles by car to and from - costs us about £30 in fuel which we share and £75 for the room which includes a breakfast too. Sorted. We all used to share a room but am way too old for all that now.....I need my sleep ;)

Still I guess if I have my own room, say £75 for room, £60 for food/booze, £15 fuel, £60 ticket.......looking at say just over £200 (Aus $ 400) for the whole thing.

the problem with Oz is that if you are outside Melbourne the costs just seems astronomical to travel / stay over. A shame for all involved - fans and organiser.

At least in the UK - with Rockingham for example - I venue is 150 miles by car to and from - costs us about £30 in fuel which we share and £75 for the room which includes a breakfast too. Sorted. We all used to share a room but am way too old for all that now.....I need my sleep ;)

Still I guess if I have my own room, say £75 for room, £60 for food/booze, £15 fuel, £60 ticket.......looking at say just over £200 (Aus $ 400) for the whole thing.

The flights & transfers, or petrol prices if you drove down alone would far exceed $400 for this one, and as Lindsay says above... then add the rest of it. I agree it's a big shame, but I hope all who can make it really enjoy it.

The flights & transfers, or petrol prices if you drove down alone would far exceed $400 for this one, and as Lindsay says above... then add the rest of it. I agree it's a big shame, but I hope all who can make it really enjoy it.

yeah, a couple hundred quid would be my limit for Rockingham. At that level its worth it given the bands usually involved but any more and I would have to bail.