Sign in to follow this  
simo

Record stores in New York

I hope this is the right section of the forum. Here's what's up, I'll be in the US this September (mainly New York) and was wondering are there any stores you recommend visiting? Secondhand stores, pawn shops whateverr... would be greatly appreciated thanks

I can't help you with that one but I was just wondering: aren't they a dying concept?

The bigger chains probably, yeah. But sure there's gotta be a couple places with used CD bins or something, those are far more interesting anyway

I went to college in New York but that was twenty plus years ago. Back then I could've given you a whole laundry list of places but I have no idea how many, if any, are still in existence. (sigh)

Head West to Portland, Oregon. The hipsters out here are glomming onto vinyl like it is going out of style and there are many vinyl stores.

Head West to Portland, Oregon. The hipsters out here are glomming onto vinyl like it is going out of style and there are many vinyl stores.

Too bad... I'll fly to Atlanta and rent a car there there

I live within 30 minutes of Albany and I don't know of hardly any used CD stores.I do hit FYE because they have used CD's.But I'm guessing you're going to NYC.