Sign in to follow this  
Stefan

PowerPlay - All Those Years

6437233e-519d-4ef6-a267-7e73b05d278b.jpg

From bravewords.com:

PowerPlay has just released their first single, “City Of Love”, from the new album All Those Years, which is set to be released on September 4th via Target Records. An official video for the track can be found below.

After 20 years of silence, the west coast rock group PowerPlay from Copenhagen, Denmark, is together again and returns with a new strong melodic AOR rock album, inspired by the sound and feel of bands like Toto, Journey, Supertramp and Starship

PowerPlay was founded in a basement in Hellerup, Copenhagen, in 1987 by Simon Dalberg (drums), Erik Thomsen (vocals), Kurt Lundgaard (guitar), and Peter Gjedde (keyboards). The music was heavily inspired by Toto, Journey, Starship and other West Coast bands of that time and with a twist from Supertramp, but always with a twist of pure energy and the desire to play and perform with own composed music.

PowerPlay had various bass players in the first years, but after a while the young and talented bass player Philip Stricker joined and brought new dimensions to the music. The band was constantly on the move and played in many underground places around Copenhagen like Umatic and Loppen, and became rather popular in those environments.

In 1991 PowerPlay won the music award ”Let’s Rock” in Trommen as the best performing act and with that title also a contract for a record at Werner Studio in Copenhagen. Unfortunately, due to some very sad circumstances, the band never came to the point of making the record, and as such Powerplay stopped their activities in 1992.

PowerPlay is now back after 20 years, and in the original setup: “We have never been better”, they say and actually PowerPlay is now ready to release a record with all new material – but for the fans from the good old days, there will be one or two oldies in new flashy clothes. So look forward to 10 great and melodic AOR rock songs on the album All Those Years, out in September.

www.thepowerplay.dk

Sounds very gentle and safe, but pretty nice too. Never heard of this band before, but it's a favourable tune.

Decent song...I would have to hear more before buying though...

Have mercy.........another great melodic sound. This stuff just seems to have started popping up after a long drought. Love it!!!

Nice one but I don't like the sound at all.

Nice one, but you don't like the sound at all? Does that make mental sense?

This album is shit. First song was okay, the rest was just bad. Avoid.

Nice one but I don't like the sound at all.

Nice one, but you don't like the sound at all? Does that make mental sense?

Of course.