Enough with the Best Of 19** Topics

AlphaMale

Damn guys.... one at a time!!

You threw 10 damn threads up already of different years.

Much like rob62972's "thumbs up, thumbs down" polls, they are clogging the whole damn board. And Dan gets upset when that happens. So chill!

Couldn't you have paced these out to 1 every few weeks instead of 10 in 2 days?? I know we have nothing to talk about on here but damn..... that's going a little overboard IMO.

One a week and actually having a decent discussion about it probably would be better.

I'm actually enjoying seeing what others rate and I'm sure I'll find a few new gems to listen to.

Right... once a week is even too often.

Why is it boring Stefan?

I think we spend far too much time on here just concentrating on the year in hand and not discussing the classics of the past.

I for one am interested in stuff I might have missed and already have quite a few to check out.

Also interested in how others see some of these years.

Agree there is enough already though and its actually inspired me to pull out a few of these albums and get a definitive top 20 for each year.

• My Little Pony

Why is it boring Stefan?

I think we spend far too much time on here just concentrating on the year in hand and not discussing the classics of the past.

I for one am interested in stuff I might have missed and already have quite a few to check out.

Agree there is enough already though and its actually inspired me to pull out a few of these albums and get a definitive top 20 for each year.

Precisely. And for someone like me who has much to learn, I need this.

Why is it boring Stefan?

Agree

Here's the best Scorpions pic I could find. Enjoy!I%2BCAN%2BSEE%2BWHY%2BNHE%2BLEFT%2BTHE%2

For now im gonna concentrate on 1989. Might take me a few weeks but I'll get there.

That's all I was saying. Would have been much better to spread these threads out over time and let everyone work on a certain year. Now, there's so many years with a thread, I've already lost interest in trying to grade them all.

It's takes quite a bit of time to go through all those releases from back then.

Like the idea. Don't like throwing 10 years out there in a few days.

• My Little Pony

Its not all about grading them all though is it. Its about discovering new music.

Rest assured im not throwing anymore out there.

I might.

Now that I know how people feel about them.

;}

Wow, look people are posting about music on a music forum. Aaaaaarrgghhhhh we better kill the threads!

I'm all for more topics, more threads, more best ofs, modern rock.....whatever. Keep the discussions going!

Here is a crazy idea...skip the thread.

I don't ever comment on them but I say any discussion about music is a good discussion.

This guy... the guy with the mullet, is right. It is extremely easy to not read threads one does not want to read. But I think any threads about music on here is a good thing. Those mundane threads like the post count ones were killing me, even if I didn't read them, but any discussion about music is a good one.

Sure, I agree in a perfect world it'd be great to discuss 1990 at length and have everybody on board and at the same place with their all-encompassing knowledge of the year in question, but it's not going to happen. So I don't think it's too bad having them all out there, and then just having them bumped when someone has new info or whatever. I'll definitely be back when I have my collection rated, which is hopefully in my possible future. And then I'll bump them all! ;)

I dunno, the forum's so quiet these days I guess any music related thread's a good one. :)

It was the first time in a long time that I had posted in multiple threads almost simultaneously and I really enjoyed it.

It was fun while it lasted, now back to being mostly silent around here.

Dont worry - there will be plenty of updates in those threads - I intend to post some single album scores breakdowns as well, just so people can shoot me down and tell me I know nothing lol ;-)

I'm fine with those threads but I think Alpha has a point, if we put out too many threads of 'best of', chances are many will be left unread or abandoned because we're focusing on finishing a single year. But since it's created then it's okay, but I'll suggest everyone to try focusing on 1989 first and then move backward after at least 10 people has posted their top 10 or top 20 or top 50 :)

• My Little Pony

I guess I'm the culprit. I just don't have as large a collection as the rest of you, so I was finished with the years quicker than most.