Hardcore Superstar - HCSS

Stefan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

My second post here and I actually like this CD a lot. I had huge doubts at first since I like the last few cd's of theirs more than their first. But after listening to it for awhile it really grew on me and I thinks it's better than their last one and the best cd this year (I know that's not saying much since this year kinda sucks)

Only heard it a couple of times so far, and so far I'd call it boring and blamd.

I don't really like that song Don't Mean Shit, so I'm right behind the 8 ball in trying to get into the rest of it.

C'mon Take On Me II would have been ideal for me.
I like some of their earlier staff, but that was in a time when it was, well, earlier.

Now it's later and I expected more :(

• 4 weeks later...

65,5%.

Some retro stuff, especially those uriaheepish/rag y ryggen/neon rose(old Swedish rock bands) riffs ruined some of the tracks for me, still there are some cool phrasings in these tracks-particularly the last 3.

For a change, I liked the funky back beat of Don't Touch The Sky and its driving melody. Perfect for shaking some ass while drinking some cheap prosecco.

I even liked "Party..."and that's some accomplishment because I don't like in general Hendrixy riffs.

I like it, its a slight letdown after cmon take on me but a step up from their back catalogue for me personally as I was never a fan except for the odd song.

I listened to the thing a few times and don't like it at all.

I tried, but it really just sounds like a bunch of B grade songs left off earlier albums.

Only one I kinda liked was Glue :(

Personally I like it. I only got it the other day and had basically only heard the tracks previewed in this thread and kept putting off buying it, but i'm really glad I did now.There are a couple I'm not to keen on 'Glue' and 'The Cemetary', but otherwise it's a pretty strong album especially from tracks 5-9 which are all very good, especially 'Don't Touch The Sky', 'The Ocean' and 'Growing Old. It's certainly not their best album, but far from being a car crash either

• 1 month later...