Hardcore Superstar - HCSS

Stefan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait!

Whoops, sorry, I just remembered they decided to suck now, so I retract that comment. I'll give it a go but expect to throw it in the pile alongside Jettblack and Halestorm to never be heard of again.

Can't wait!

Whoops, sorry, I just remembered they decided to suck now, so I retract that comment. I'll give it a go but expect to throw it in the pile alongside Jettblack and Halestorm to never be heard of again.

You are crazy sir...this will kick major ass just like the last two. The Jettblack we totally agree on...Halestorm I actually like too.

That sounds promising. I've liked stuff from most of their albums. I favourited:

1. Hardcore Superstar – Liberation – Bad Sneakers and a Pina Colada – 2000

2. Hardcore Superstar – We Don’t Celebrate Sundays – Hardcore Superstar – 2005

3. Hardcore Superstar – Don’t Care ‘Bout Your Bad Behaviour – Beg For It – 2009

4. Hardcore Superstar – Illegal Fun – Beg For It – 2009

5. Hardcore Superstar – Sadistic Girls – Split Your Lip – 2010

6. Hardcore Superstar – Last Call For Alcohol – Split Your Lip – 2010

I didn't think much to the last one so going back to an earlier sound is probably good for me

wow this album is kinda sucky, keep 'Don't Mean Shit' and discard the rest :D

Yeah, there's been too much pussy footing around the likes of Halestorm, Jettblack and JSS this year. Die-hards finding that one little feature they like on the disc and trying to sell it as something worthwhile... but it's just not working for me. Any neutralist listening to all four of these releases will tell you straight up they are just fucking terrible albums. And this is probably the second worst of them all, just above Jettblack. It's fucking dreadful.

Sorry dudes, just can't beat around the bush on this. I don't understand the point of this peice of shit and there's no way I'm going to try to sugarcoat it because their last bunch of CDs were great.

2015 - the year of the disappointment.

I listened to it on line for the first time and thought it was actually better than expected. There were 2-3 songs I couldn't really get into but the rest i thought were pretty cool. I actually like the vibe of the album.

It's definitely got a garage-punk feel about it, which I guess is what they were back in the 'bad sneakers' days.

I can see how people who got into the for the last 3-4 albums will dislike it, and those that were into the from the albums prior will actually dig this one.

There are actually quite a few HCSS fans out there that despise the last 3-4 albums and have wished for them to return to their original sound. This album will surely be music to their ears.

The thing is, I have listened to this band from the bitter beginnings (well from 2000, anyway, which was basically a re-record of their debut) and I can honestly say, I never remember them sounding like this. That 'Bad Sneakers' album was just average kind of modern glam/sleaze rock of the time. Like a New American Shame or Backyard Babies. It wasn't good but it wasn't absolute shit either. Those first few albums do nothing for me at all, but again, I don't think anything of it was ever really this style, was it? Or is my memory that bad?

Anyway, doesn't surprise me at all that their fans would be squarely divided into the people who liked them 1998-2003, and those who liked them 2005-2013. Shame they've alienated the latter with this one...

Wow.... this disc is crap. I really find no redeeming values in any of these tracks except the 2 singles "Don't Mean Shit" and "Off With Their Heads".

The rest is just not that good. Very disappointed.

And the bonus tracks suck too!

I was probably a little harsh initially. The album is still shit and I really hate the verses, but one thing I'll give it credit for is a handful of okay choruses. It's one of those discs where the song's already been ruined by constantly dreadful verses, but it's not a 100% write-off. Just 95% of a write off. ;)

the first few songs are decent but not great and then it just tails off completely for me with some of the tracks so bad I find them unlistenable. Touch the sky has to be one of the worst songs I have ever heard, absolutely terrible. Such a dissapointment as I have loved their last 3 or 4 albums and actually don't mind their earlier ones too but this is just bad barring 3 or 4 songs at a push

68.6% from me

I surprised myself with a 68% too. It sounds much worse than that to be honest, but like I said above, some of the choruses are not dreadful, even though all the verses are.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't Mean Shit is on the latest Classic Rock Magazine cover CD and i thought it sounded great. I really like the tune so i'll check the album out soon.